The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Can't use wpDiscuz ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Conflict [Solved] Can't use wpDiscuz with a custom WordPress theme

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@stormk)

Hello. I installed wpDiscuz on my website, and successfully tested it with Twenty Twenty-Two.

However, when I switch to my custom WordPress theme, the following Javascript is missing (cut for privacy and readability reasons):

<script src='.../wp-includes/js/comment-reply.min.js?ver=6.1.1' id='comment-reply-js' type="text/javascript"></script>
<script id='wpdiscuz-combo-js-js-extra' type="text/javascript">
var wpdiscuzAjaxObj = {"..."};
var wpdiscuzUCObj = {"..."};
</script>
<script id='wpdiscuz-combo-js-js-before' type="text/javascript">
</script>
<script src='https://wpdiscuz.com/wp-content/plugins/wpdiscuz/assets/js/wpdiscuz-combo.min.js?ver=7.5.2' id='wpdiscuz-combo-js-js' type="text/javascript"></script>

As a result, the comments are visible but none of the buttons work.

How can I append the necessary Javascript to the footer of a custom theme? Can't find any documentation that covers this.

Thanks.

2 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Your WordPress theme footer PHP file (for this custom post type) must contain <?php wp_footer(); ?> function to allow all plugins to load JS files and scripts.

Please check and make sure it exists.

Topic starter
(@stormk)

Thank you for the help. <?php wp_footer(); ?> was already present.

Upon further inspection, I realized that the problem was some code I added to my functions.php: I moved Jquery from the head to the footer to speed up loading times, and as a result wpDiscuz was trying to load before Jquery.

You can mark this as closed.
Have a nice day 🙂

Share: