The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
URGENT - Remove @(u...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

URGENT - Remove @(username) in comment titles

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Rox1
Topic starter
(@rox1)
Eminent Member

Wordpress has a 'display' username, which members of our site use to hide their identity if they wish; but the @ feature in the individual comments header is adding their unchangeable username rather than the public display name they've chosen.

Because that username is unchangeable, I can't even suggest changing it!

So either the @username in the comments header needs removing, or it uses the diplay name instead.

I've got some very concerned users at the moment - can you help?

Thanks

Paul.

4 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @rox1,

Please read this FAQ: https://wpdiscuz.com/community/f-a-q/how-to-disable-nicenames-2/

Rox1
Topic starter
(@rox1)
Eminent Member

Okay, I've turned off the 'mention' feature and the @ has changed.  I really do think it would be a good idea if for the public facing areas, the @ uses the display name rather than unchangable username - given that it's Wordpress that tells the user which of these will be shown.

Thanks 🙂

2 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@rox1,

Please don't confuse Username and Nicename. Those are not the same. 

Nicenames are used for user @mentioning and in your profile URL. So again, this is the nicename, not username.

Rox1
(@rox1)

Eminent Member

@asti they may not be the same, but it doesn't change the issue that wpdiscuz was displaying the unchangeable username.

Share: