[Solved] Troubles with translation of Bubble and comment form, and also scaled page rating on wpForo pages
Hi to all. I am new here so I don't know how I should start this article.
I love both your plugins wpDiscuz and wpForo. And have some issues I want to fix:
1. Recently I translated 100% of wpDiscuz plugin to Ukrainian language using .pot file and enabled using .po/.mo translation method in wpDiscuz settings. wpDiscuz settings page become fully translated and commenters profile too, but commenting form and Bubble still has only English translation look.
2. I enabled wpDiscuz post ratings and all single pages (wpForo too) of my site shows full screen-scalable stars with no functionality, how can I fix this issue or disable ratings for single pages?
3. Maybe it is a kind of off-topic, but when I chose custom login pages in wpForo it just brings me 404 issue page with address I chose.
4. I am creating a bilingual lifestyle blog. Can I use two separate versions of wpForo for each language? Or maybe it could support a few translations at one time?
Thank you so much for this great job.
3. Issue detected - it only works for custom created pages (I didn't saw this for the first time when I set-up forum), sorry 🙂
I think you have an old UK po file. Please update the UK PO file based on the new wpDiscuz 7 POT file again. Then search for those phrases again. Once you finish with the translation, upload and overwrite those PO/MO file to these directories:
- /wp-content/languages/loco/plugins (if you have loco translate plugin)
Also, if you have multi-language website, you should create new comment form for UK language. Please follow tot this instruction: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/getting-started/manage-comment-forms/comment-form-settings/#language
Regarding the BIG stars under the forum. Please make sure your forum uses a page not post. And the comment s are disabled for that page. These stars are the wpDiscuz 7 Article Rating stars, there is no wpDiscuz CSS style, so they look like that, they should not be loaded on this page. I think you have a hard-coded comment section in page template which cannot be disabled by forum.
1. After writing this article I found that I didn't create another form for en_US site language so I made it, and it helped me to translate input forms text and rating Title.
You were right that I have been used translation based on last .pot file (I copied it from 5.x and translated new ~600 strings). So I fully replaced it from 5.x .pot to new based on wpDiscuz 7 .pot - .po/.mo files, but it doesn't help. Then I copied these files in the whole three directories, you wrote above. But it still doesn't translate. Maybe I should wait for the next update with Ukrainian localization?
2. I looked for all settings and my forum uses pages, not posts. Other pages in my blog show this scaled Stars too. I checked comments and star rating options and don't know how to disable it on pages.
Thank you again. Rewritten wpDiscuz-uk .po/.mo I send you on support@gVectors.com
(and working on wpForo translation)