The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Some users can't se...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Some users can't see attachment icon

5 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@danniee)
Estimable Member

Hi,

Some users say they cannot see the attachment icon, but have previously. I tested myself with regular users and I can see it. Is there any particular reason why some users suddenly cannot see it? I have made no changes in settings.

4 Replies
Topic starter
(@danniee)
Estimable Member

I suspect it's not visible for certain roles I have created.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@danniee,

As it's already mentioned here the default "Attach an image" button is only available for the postpages, and attachments post types, and for default WordPress user rolesFor custom post types and custom user roles, the button is not accessible. For more advanced features, we recommend to check out the wpDiscuz Media Uploader add-on.

Topic starter
(@danniee)
Estimable Member

Thanks for the answer. Hm, so if you create custom roles the icon will not be visible to them and they won't be able to upload any attachments? Is that correct? May I ask why that is the case?

1 Reply
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

Hi @danniee,

This question can be asked to almost all features of wpDiscuz addons. The answer is simple, we have to monetize this project to be able to keep it improving and developing.

Currently, you can see more than one hundred of features in the free core plugin and tons of settings to make it easy manageable, even the designs and layouts are not one, we added all three in the free core plugin. All new cool features like Inline Comments and Live Notification Bubble are also in the free plugin. This says our projects are not payment oriented, but they must have some paid extension for financial support.

Most of the paid features are the features which are in the scope of custom areas, the file attachment feature for custom content type is a good example. You can see that all features of wpDiscuz are not limited for custom content types and custom roles. The only limited feature is the image attachment to have a good reason buying wpDiscuz Media Uploader addon. This addon has many good features as well:

1. It allows managing and uploading any type of files you want, not only images.

2. It allows to attache multiple files, not only one.

3. It brings lots of settings in wpDiscuz > Settings > Content & Media Tab to manage attachments.

4. It adds [comments with media] filter button next to the [Most reacted] and [Hottest comment threads] buttons.

And lots of other cool features. So buying a paid addon you're donating wpDiscuz project free  development and the free support, and you can be sure this project has some income, and it'll not be abandoned one day. The monetized project are more reliable and trustworthy.

Share: