The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Remove (@username) ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Remove (@username) tag besides Username after installing add-on

7 Posts
6 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@orestto)

Hello,
I just installed the wpDiscuz User & Comment Mentioning add-on, and now I see a (@username) tag to the right of where the commenter's Username already appeared.

So now its: Avatar -> Username -> (@username).

How can I remove this newly added (@username) tag? It's unnecessary and in most cases simply duplicating of the first Username.

wpdiscuz support
6 Replies
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)
Honorable Member

Hi @orestto,

This comes from the wpDiscuz User & Comment Mentioning addon. This is the nickname that commenters use in comments to mention other users.

In any case if you want to disable it, please put this CSS code in the Top Admin Bar > Customize Menu > Additional CSS Tab > Custom CSS Code textarea. Save it and delete all caches:

#wpdcom .wpd-comment .wpd-comment-wrap .wpd-comment-author span.wpducm-user-nicename{
     display:none!important;;
}

1 Reply
(@thinhne)

@tomson hi, can you show me how to delete it ?

(@tonyraven)

That css didn't work but this did:

.wpd-user-nicename {
display:none!important;;
}

3 Replies
(@paulcola)

@tonyraven Thank you for this. I noticed my Wordpress user login name being displayed (dangerous!) and this CSS fixed it. I appreciate it!

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@paulcola,

Please read this FAQ: https://wpdiscuz.com/community/f-a-q/how-to-disable-nicenames-2/

There is not necessary to use the CSS code. You can hide the nice name using the according option.  

(@paulcola)

@asti Ah, makes sense! Great. I don't use mentioning anyway so this is a much cleaner solution. 

Thanks so much! I've removed the CSS (a good temp workaround for sure) and turned off mentioning. Tested, works great.

Share: