The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Possibility to dele...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Possibility to delete comments as guest

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@bkukla)

Dear wpdiscuz team,

besides being really happy having switched to wpdiscuz, I have a question regarding a critical privacy functionality: deleting own comments

As a guest, I am able to access the user menu icon only after sending a comment with accepting saving a cookie and reloading the page afterwards. Otherwise, I see no possibility to delete my own comments. Maybe a solution would be, if there was a link option like [DELETE_OWN_COMMENTS] or [MANAGE_ACCOUNT] in any "comment published" notification to overcome this problem.

Looking forward to your recommendations regarding this issue!

Bart

2 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi

Posted by: @bkukla

Otherwise, I see no possibility to delete my own comments. Maybe a solution would be, if there was a link option like [DELETE_OWN_COMMENTS] or [MANAGE_ACCOUNT] in any "comment published" notification to overcome this problem.

I've already asked the developers to take this into consideration for future versions. 

Topic starter
(@bkukla)

Hi Asti,

good to hear, that at least those approaches are considered.

However, currently, it seems I have a legal risk using wpdiscuz when guests cannot delete their comments without being forced to accept a cookie and to write a dummy comment. What way should I go, since the other way I proposed is not implemented?

Best regards

Bart

Share: