The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Disable Comment for...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Question [Solved] Disable Comment for Guests but Allow Reply?

5 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@justbishop)

I found this thread and the code definitely works to remove the comment box for a user who's already commented, but can anyone assist with altering this code to make the condition based on a role (or guest)?

https://wpdiscuz.com/community/postid/10142/

For example, I plan on having zero other registered users on my WP site (so it's just me, admin). I'd like to prevent anyone else from leaving top-level comments, but still allow them to reply to the comments that I have left as the admin. 

4 Replies
Topic starter
(@justbishop)

I didn't really have the content into a post to use as an example when I posted originally, since this is such a new project, but here you go. I've changed the "comment" terminology to "highlight":

https://ashleynting.com/reads/2024/02/01/camp-zero/

I'm trying to get away from Goodreads since it only Kindle syncs and displays highlights from Amazon-purchased books, and I don't much utilize the social aspect of the site anyway. Collecting my books and highlights is the main goal here, but I also love sharing highlights I find profound or moving in some way.

The goal is that only I can post highlights, but visitors can reply to and/or "like" them.

3 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@justbishop,

I'll ask the developers and get back to you soon. 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@justbishop,

We may suggest you the CSS solution:

.wpdiscuz_unauth .wpd-main-form-wrapper {display:none;}

Put the code in the "Custom CSS code" textarea, located in the Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Settings > Styles & Colors admin page.

Don't forget to delete the caches before checking.

(@justbishop)

@asti Thank you so much, this worked like a charm!

Share: