The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
No Add New Comment ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] No Add New Comment Box

15 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@aaronmckeon)
Trusted Member

It seems people cannot add new comments on my website.  When I disable wpDiscuz, the add new comments box appears, but with wpDiscuz it is not available.  It shows existing comments but you can't post new ones.  Is there some reason this would be happening?  It happens for all users, even administrators.

Environment credentials are dev/dev.

Thanks.

-- Aaron

14 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @aaronmckeon,

Please confirm that the comment form is missing once the wpDiscuz is active. If so, please leave some feedback for each point mentioned in this doc: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/getting-started/missing-comment-form/

13 Replies
(@aaronmckeon)

Trusted Member

Hi @asti,

I have tried all the tips in the document you sent and still cannot get the commenting form to appear.  Are there any other possible causes?  Thanks.

-- Aaron

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@aaronmckeon,

For further support please leave some feedback for each point mentioned in the doc provided above. 

(@aaronmckeon)

Trusted Member

Hi @asti - I'm not sure exactly what you mean.  Here are responses to each item mentioned in that document you provided:

1. wpDiscuz is the only comments plugin activated.  None others have been installed.
  2. Under wpDiscuz > Forms > Default Form, the following settings are enabled: allow guests to comment = no, display comment form on following post types = post, page, attachment.
  3. Under Settings > Discussion, allow people to comment = checked.
  4. Custom post type plugin "Toolset" is installed but disabling comments on the "posts" post type is not allowed since it is built into WordPress.
  5. I am using WP Astra and this is not a problem.  wpDiscuz was working at one point and now it is not, and I'm still using the same theme.

Let me know what other feedback you may require.  Thanks.

-- Aaron

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

Please send us some admin login details to allow us to check the issue. 

(@aaronmckeon)

Trusted Member

@asti Sent, thanks!

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@aaronmckeon,

Somehow the comments comments_open() property is closed. It can be closed by your customizations. We're not sure.

It also can be done by some of the active plugins or the theme. 

You can also try the solution provided here, it'll open the comment form: 

https://wpdiscuz.com/community/postid/10014/

However, we highly recommend you to find a problem maker (your custom code/ plugin/ theme). 

(@aaronmckeon)

Trusted Member

@asti Okay I will look into this, but why would it work when wpDiscuz is disabled if comments_open property is closed?  Wouldn't it be closed for native WordPress comments as well?  The problem only happens when wpDiscuz is active.

(@aaronmckeon)

Trusted Member

@asti PS - When I check the individual posts it shows comments as being open, so not sure where you are seeing they're closed.  Can you provide further details on where you saw this?  Thanks.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@aaronmckeon,

you can see it at least here:

However, the developers also checked it via PHP code. 

(@aaronmckeon)

Trusted Member

@asti Thanks, what's strange though is that when I edit the post itself I see the following:

Comments Allowed

I thought this was related to the same comments_open property.

(@aaronmckeon)

Trusted Member

Hi @asti,

I was able to locate and resolve the issue, and the add new comment form is now being displayed.  Thanks for the help.

-- Aaron

(@tonybrasunas)

What was the solution? I'm just curious, as I seem to experiencing a similar issue. Everything is configured properly as far as I can tell. And past comments appear. The comment form shows up but the textarea has a `display:none` style applied to it that prevents everyone from adding new comments.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@tonybrasunas,

Please follow this support topic: https://wpdiscuz.com/community/troubleshooting/new-comments-box-is-hidden/#post-15562

This topic will be closed. 

Share: