The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Missing comment for...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Issue [Solved] Missing comment form

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@secretquill)

I recently deactivated the Jetpack Comments and installed WPDiscuz. I am currently working through the setup menu but my comments box hasn't changed.

I am currently working through these suggestions: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/getting-started/missing-comment-form/

Under Fixing Tip 2, my Wordpress site has no "forms" option in the "Comments" section:

So how do i apply this solution?

I am up to Fixing Tip 5, which isn't clear enough, could this be explained more explicitly step by step for me to try?

Thanks

5 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @secretquill,

There is a small issue in the documentation. We need to update it. 

The option can be found in the Dashboard > wpDiscuz tab. Please watch this small video instruction: https://www.screencast.com/t/HSeIzJkBKob

4 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

The documentation is updated as well. 

(@secretquill)

@asti Hi Asti,

Thanks so much for your help.

I now managed to try Tip 2 but it still hasn't worked.

I am now on Fixing Tip 5 here: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/getting-started/missing-comment-form/

From the screenshot, I don't understand how I get to that option on my Wordpress site. Please can you give more clarity / instruction how I find it.

Secondly, it says:

If there is no any settings to enable comments, you can use WordPress add_post_type_support() function. You can simply add the following to your active theme functions.php file:

function comment_support_for_my_custom_post_type() {
     add_post_type_support( 'my_post_type', 'comments' );
}
add_action( 'init', 'comment_support_for_my_custom_post_type' );

Where do I find the "fuctions.php" file? And where exactly do I add those code?

Thanks

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@secretquill,

If there is no any settings to enable comments, you can use WordPress add_post_type_support() function. You can simply add the following to your active theme functions.php file:

function comment_support_for_my_custom_post_type() {
     add_post_type_support( 'my_post_type', 'comments' );
}
add_action( 'init', 'comment_support_for_my_custom_post_type' );

Where do I find the "fuctions.php" file? And where exactly do I add those code?

You should make some changes in the code above. If you're not familiar, please don't do any changes. 

Please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address. I'll ask the developers to check and add the comment form. Just provide the URL of the post/page where you would like to enable the comments. 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@secretquill,

We have not received a reply from you for over a couple of weeks, therefore we will be closing this topic. Please create a new one if you require any additional help.

Thank You!

Share: