The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Login Option Missin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Login Option Missing during Logged-Out State

7 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@jamigold)

Hi,

I'm currently setting up the latest update in a sandbox site and am loving all the changes to the plugin since I last checked it out, but I've encountered a problem in testing:

While I want guests to be able to leave comments (i.e., logging in isn't required), I do want the Login option to be shown to remind non-logged-in members to log in.

In the logged-in state, the user account and log out option appears fine. However, in the logged-out state, while the code all seems to be there, nothing is appearing in the subscription bar.

Screenshot of Logged In State
Screenshot of Logged Out State

I've checked in multiple browsers, incognito mode, hard refreshes, etc. I've tried it with the "Styles and Colors" Load Font Awesome css lib turned on and with it turned off. I've tried it with my customized style.css taken out of the picture (just in case my changes there messed something up). Nothing works.

The only way I can make the Login link appear is to manually edit the HTML of the "fas fa-sign-in-alt" class in inspect mode to add the word "Login". Obviously that doesn't solve anything, but it does show that the functionality still exists in the code (as that manually typed in word does have the right link function), yet something isn't working.

Screenshot of Logged Out State after I manually add something to HTML
Screenshot of Manually Edited HTML showing functionality is there

Help? 🙂

Thanks!
Jami

Topic Tags
6 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Dear Jami,

Please check and let us know have you done any customizations of the wpDiscuz plugin? 

5 Replies
(@jamigold)

@asti Hi Asti,

I have customized the style.css that lives in my active theme's wpdiscuz folder. But as I mentioned in my initial message above, as part of my troubleshooting, I briefly changed that file name to "styleX.css", just to force the system back to the default style.css in the default folder. The Login link still was missing.

I haven't done any other customizing.

Thanks!
Jami

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@jamigold,

It may be a CSS conflict with the active theme or other plugins. You can use the CSS solution below:

#wpdcom .wpd-auth .wpd-login i:before {
     content: 'Login' !important;
}
(@jamigold)

@asti YES! Thank you! That worked perfectly. 😍 🤩 😍  Thank you so much!

(@jamigold)

@asti FYI, I think I discovered the cause of the missing "Login" while trying to fix another issue...

On my previous site (which used the old WPDiscuz 5x version), I didn't allow users to log in, so all those logging-in aspects of the plugin's Phrases were blank. This sandbox site is all new, but carried many of those old settings to the new version 7, so the phrase for Login was blank. 🤣 

I've been going through all the Phrases and filling in the blanks, and everything works now. 😏 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@jamigold,

Thank you for letting us know. Glad to hear that the issue is solved. 

We're going to mark this thread as resolved and close it. Feel free to open a new topic if you have further questions.

Share: