The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Import existing inl...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Import existing inline comments

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@stanbrid)
Eminent Member

Hello, 

My website's posts already contain inline comments using the plugin Inline Comments. We would like to move to wpdiscuz. Is there a way to import the existing inline comments as inline into wpdiscuz inline functionality. Right now, on my staging site, they have all imported as regular comments found at the bottom of the posts. Is it possible to ingest inline-to-inline, even with some front end work? I imagine it's a matter of creating inline sections on the new site and then aligning the database fields for import. Any one of your developers want to take on the challenge. 🙂 I imagine there aren't too many existing inline sites. Thank you. 

7 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @stanbrid,

Please provide us a little bit more info about this to allow us to understand if it's possible or not. 

We'll need some examples of the post content and inline commenting. 

6 Replies
(@stanbrid)

Eminent Member

@asti Happy to provide more details. What information do you need, please? 

Here the the inline commenting WP plugin that we want to transition away from: Inline Comments. GitHub for it https://github.com/kevinweber/inline-comments It also uses the WP native comment system, has a settings page, and the same basic functions as wpdiscuz, but definitely not as robust.

Here is a post on our site that currently uses the plugin: www.cindyjonesassociates.com/gift-shop-newsletter-mar-15-2020/. This post, for example, has 33 inline comments that we'd like to keep inline when we transition to wpdiscuz.

Let me know what other information would be helpful.  

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

Thank you for the information @stanbrid,

We're really sorry, but this is not possible to import the inline comments to wpDiscuz.

(@stanbrid)

Eminent Member

@asti As a work around, could I leave Inline Comments in place and, instead, activate wpdiscuz for just new posts or another qualifier? The current plugin, Inline Comments, allows me to add selectors to control which posts it's active on. I used the post IDs. So, it's only active on old posts now. Next, I'd set wpdiscuz to only apply to new posts, those with a specific "category, or some other selector.

(really looking for a hack, add-on, or other work-around here!) 😀 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@stanbrid,

If you will not get any js conflict sure you can. Just try to activate the wpDiscuz inline commenting on some new posts and check it. 

(@stanbrid)

Eminent Member

@asti Great. How would I set wpdiscuz to only work on any new posts, those with a specific "category, or some other control selector so it's active on all posts going forward?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@stanbrid,

If you're a developer you should do it via the is_load_wpdiscuz hook.

More info here: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/codex/filters/is_load_wpdiscuz/

Share: