The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Illegal mix of coll...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Illegal mix of collations utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci & utf8mb4_unicode_ci

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
AdamTheForumUser
Topic starter
(@adamtheforumuser)
Estimable Member

Since install of the plugin I get the following error in the "Active Users and Guests" box of the dashboard:

WordPress database error: [Illegal mix of collations (utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'like']
SELECT `c`.`comment_author_email`, `c`.`comment_author`, COUNT(`c`.`comment_ID`) AS `count`, IFNULL(`s`.`count`, 0) AS `scount`, IFNULL(`fi`.`count`, 0) AS `ficount`, IFNULL(`fw`.`count`, 0) AS `fwcount`, MAX(`c`.`comment_date_gmt`) AS `last_date` FROM `wp_comments` AS `c` LEFT JOIN (SELECT `email`, COUNT(`email`) AS `count` FROM `wp_wc_comments_subscription` WHERE `confirm` = 1 GROUP BY `email`) AS `s` ON `s`.`email` LIKE `c`.`comment_author_email` LEFT JOIN (SELECT `follower_email`, COUNT(`follower_email`) AS `count` FROM `wp_wc_follow_users` WHERE `confirm` = 1 GROUP BY `follower_email`) AS `fi` ON `fi`.`follower_email` LIKE `c`.`comment_author_email` LEFT JOIN (SELECT `user_email`, COUNT(`user_email`) AS `count` FROM `wp_wc_follow_users` WHERE `confirm` = 1 GROUP BY `user_email`) AS `fw` ON `fw`.`user_email` LIKE `c`.`comment_author_email` WHERE `c`.`comment_approved` = '1' GROUP BY `c`.`comment_author_email`, `c`.`comment_author` ORDER BY `count` DESC LIMIT 7 OFFSET 0;

Can you please advise?  For reference, I already have all your own tables and the wp_comments table using the same collation. 

6 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Please read this support topic: https://wpdiscuz.com/community/plugin-update-issues/db-collation-issue-after-updating-to-7-0-0/#post-543

AdamTheForumUser
Topic starter
(@adamtheforumuser)
Estimable Member

Ok thank you. I thought I'd applied this collation change via my DB tool but it seems that doing it via sql directly made the difference.  Most odd.

So it now works.  It is however incredibly slow to return a table of results - just over a minute.  This is on a just optimized set of tables as well.  

Maybe this is somewhat inevitable but our database isn't THAT huge.   We have 82,000 comment records and 10,500 comment subscribers.      Have you seen this speed issue with others ?  

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@adamtheforumuser,

Could you please clarify a bit where exactly you're trying to see the table of results? 

AdamTheForumUser
Topic starter
(@adamtheforumuser)
Estimable Member

Hi yes sure, see below:

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@adamtheforumuser,

There are being displayed info from the 3 - 4 tables joined together and in your case data are too big, so you'll need to wait for the loading. 

AdamTheForumUser
Topic starter
(@adamtheforumuser)
Estimable Member

Ok fair enough.  Still for large sites I'd still recommend you upgrade this functionality and give admins the option to run it in a cron task and write the stats to a cache file periodically.  

Share: