I want Custom Field...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] I want Custom Fields be hidden for users and also send SMS to users that leave us a comment!

3 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Ali Saatsaz Yazdi
Topic starter
(@saatsaz)

Hi,

I am using WPDiscuz.

I had create a custom field as "phone number" (necessary field) and also set email optional.

for me, this is more important to Get user's phone number to send them SMS in the future. but there is a critical problem here that I can not make this custom field (phone number) hidden to other users! 

true, I add this CSS code to my form:

.wpd-bottom-custom-fields {
display: none;
}

but still user's phone number had exist in page view-source.

so I'd decide to delete that custom field to prevent users info be revealed for now!

now could you please help me in
1. Is there any option to make custom field hidden from everywhere except admin panel!?

2. if there is no option for that, would you please add it for future updates?

3. how could I connect WPDiscuz phone number custom field to my SMS panel to send automatic SMS to users to notify them that their comments has been answered by another user (not every user but special wordpress role e.g. shop manager). is there any webhook or addon plugin for that?

Thanks indeed,
Ali

2 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

I'll ask the developers if there is a solution for this and let you know. 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @saatsaz,

1. Is there any option to make custom field hidden from everywhere except admin panel!?

You can simply uncheck the Display on the comments checkbox. Just edit the current field you'll see it.

The phone number will be visible for admins on the Dashboard > Comment section.

3. how could I connect WPDiscuz phone number custom field to my SMS panel to send automatic SMS to users to notify them that their comments has been answered by another user (not every user but special wordpress role e.g. shop manager). is there any webhook or addon plugin for that?

You can use the get_comment_meta to get the value of the custom field. As a value of the metakey you should use the value mentioned in the "Meta Key" section. 

metakey

More info here: https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/get_comment_meta/

Share: