How to make Cookies...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Question [Solved] How to make Cookies consent obligatory?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@meskete)

Hi,

I set up GDPR consent and Cookies consent on a Hungarian website.

I made a test, when I did not check the GDPR consent box I was unable to post the comment (there was an error message, I made a screen-print). But when the Cookies Consent was not checked, the post went out. How can I make it obligatory?

There is another question: on the screen print you can see that the error message is in French. Is this because the IP address is detected that it is in France? A user in Hungary will see this error message in Hungarian?

Thanks for your help,

Emese

wpdiscuz error message in French

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @meskete,

Posted by: @meskete

I made a test, when I did not check the GDPR consent box I was unable to post the comment (there was an error message, I made a screen-print). But when the Cookies Consent was not checked, the post went out. How can I make it obligatory?

We're really sorry, but there is no way to set the Cookies Consent required. This doesn't comply with GDPR. 

There is another question: on the screen print you can see that the error message is in French. Is this because the IP address is detected that it is in France? A user in Hungary will see this error message in Hungarian?

This depends on the browser language.

Share: