The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Disqus Social Login

8 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@canewsforum)
Trusted Member

When a user logins in for the first time to our site, a new account is created by the Disqus Social Login function.  But when that user tries to login via the sites Wordpress login option it won't recognize the account.  Is there a way to fix this?

7 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@canewsforum,

It seems the email address of in the Disqus account and WordPress one are not being matched and that's why the accounts are different. 

6 Replies
(@canewsforum)

Trusted Member

@asti  Thanks for the suggestion.  So I tested this further with a new test account.  I logged in using the Disqus Social login button and a new associated account was created, I checked the account in our admin panel and it was active and reflected that the account was set up by Disqus credentials.  I then logged out and tried to log back in via the Wordpress login link, and got an error message that either the username or password were incorrect.  So I logged back in via the Disqus Social login link and was successful.  Once logged in I navigated to my profile and set the password to the same password as I used to login with Disqus and saved that password.  I logged out once again and tried to log in via Wordpress, this time I was successful.   So the issue is that when the account is created after a new user uses the Disqus Social login the password used for that initial login is not being carried through to the new account.  If I edit that account to set the password as the same as the one I used initially it will then let me log in via the Disqus login and the Wordpress site login.  So there seems to be a bug that the user password is not carried through to the user account.  Is there a fix for this?  Thanks.

(@canewsforum)

Trusted Member

@asti  Good morning, not sure if you missed my question to you from March 3rd?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@canewsforum,

We'll discuss this with our team soon and back to you. I'll update this topic once I get some news for you. 

(@canewsforum)

Trusted Member

@asti  Thanks!

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@canewsforum,

No issues found here. Everything is working fine. The passwords for the WordPress accounts and Disqus are different. The wpDiscuz doesn't have accesses to your Disqus account password. If you want to have the same password for both cases you should change it from your account page. 

(@canewsforum)

Trusted Member

@asti Ok, thanks for trying, we will have to use the workaround I guess.

Share: