The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Change "Reply" text...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Change "Reply" text on comment

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@jharries)
Eminent Member

Good Day,

I'm having a problem where commenters just dump a new comment as a reply to the last comment in line under a post, rather than using the comment form at the top of the comments to start a new thread. About half my users are doing this!

https://www.morganscloud.com/2021/01/10/companionway-washboard-hacks-and-getting-out-there/

I would like to change the text of the reply to a comment link to something like "Reply to COMMENT ABOVE".

I tried doing that in the settings/phrases/Reply to but that did not change it.

I then tried this filter to add to the text and that did nothing.

add_filter("wpdiscuz_after_reply_button", function ($html, $comment, $user, $currentUser) {
    $html .= "To COMMENT ABOVE";
    return $html;
}, 10, 4);

Any idea how I can fix this problem?

The example link above has short comment threads, but this is a real problem on some of my Pay walled chapters with a lot of comments.
1 Reply
Topic starter
(@jharries)
Eminent Member

Hi Again,

Sorry, I screwed up. Wrapped the filter in if(function-exsists()) forgetting that is was a filter not a hook . Duh.

Works now. I will experiment with explanatory text.

Anyway, this does seem to be a real problem with commenters misunderstanding the wpDiscuz layout, so maybe something to think about for future versions.

Share: