The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Change New Posted C...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Change New Posted Comment Behaviour

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Rox1
Topic starter
(@rox1)
Eminent Member

At the moment, if I post a comment, it appears at the top of the comments list, even if I have the settings marked as Old to New (Old at top, New at bottom).

I'd like the new Comment post to be added at the bottom rather than the top... can you help me with this?

Thanks. 🙂

6 Replies
Support
(@jacob)
Estimable Member

Hi Rox1, we are really sorry but there is no way to achieve that

Posted by: @rox1

At the moment, if I post a comment, it appears at the top of the comments list, even if I have the settings marked as Old to New (Old at top, New at bottom).

That is because the commenter always has to see his/her comment and be sure that it has been posted successfully.

1 Reply
 Rox1
(@rox1)

Eminent Member

@jacob are you sure it isn’t possible?  I would have thought it’s a matter of altering where the first submit is sent?  

I’ve managed to move the comment box to the bottom, so I’d like to get the comments initiate populate down there too. 🙂

Support
(@jacob)
Estimable Member

@rox1

Posted by: @rox1

are you sure it isn’t possible?

I meant there is no way to achieve that by changing wpDiscuz's settings. Of course you can always change the core code and do necessary changes if you want. 🙂 

But there are lots of cases you should consider before changing anything there. It's not an easy task and we don't recommend to do so to avoid unexpected behavior.

Rox1
Topic starter
(@rox1)
Eminent Member

Oh I understand it’s at my risk, I was just hoping for a pointer to the right area. 🙂

Rox1
Topic starter
(@rox1)
Eminent Member

Oh, and also when a new post is added (like a reply), the wpDiscuz automatically scrolls the page, but it disappears under our sticky header.  Is there a way to get it to stope scrolling under the header?

Thanks. 🙂

Support
(@jacob)
Estimable Member

Hi @rox1 

The system cannot know how many pixels are sticky headers height on different websites (those are site specific cases) thus it scrolls the page automatically to the start of the comment.

The best way I can suggest is disabling the scrolling feature in the settings page.

Navigate to the - Settings > Comment Thread Displaying > Scroll to the comment after posting and disable it please.

Here is the screenshot

scroll to the comment
Share: