The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Inline Commenting b...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Inline Commenting breaks Paragraph and styling on Uncode theme

13 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@arjan)

Hi @Asti,

I also asked the Uncode theme support for their help. I have copied their reply below. The wpDiscuz <div> will break the theme text styling. The text styling needs the <p> tag.

As a demo, Uncode support simply changed the wpDiscuz <div> to a <p> using the browser HTML inspect, but this of course will break wpDiscuz Inline Commenting button. Uncode support says the problem is not with their theme, but with wpDiscuz plugin.

Hope this is of any help.

Okay did some digging and the plugin is being using all the text is being added between a <div> tag with the class "wpd-inline-shortcode wpd-inline-closed" and then the <p> tags are removed.

The styling uses the <p> tags for the text block.

Added between a <p> instead and you can see the styling is immediately correct in this screenshot:

Best,
Undsgn™ Support

MysuDm

Kind regards,

Arjan

1 Reply
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@arjan,

Two things you should know. Please follow them. There is no other explanation and solution to your issue:

1. WordPress itself and page builder plugins close paragraph tags (</p> ) when they find shortcode opener tag "[" so, the text before "[" shortcode opener will always be closed by </p> paragraph. And the paragraph tag will get full line and the shortcode content will be moved to net line. The same behavior can be seen with <div> tag. Shortcodes are replaced with <div> they cannot be replaced to <p> because they contain structural data, not a simple text. So there is no way to keep a text before shortcode in the same line.

2. As you can see in the screenshot, we always use the start of a paragraph as a start of inline comment shortcode. The shortcode always starts from the beginning of a paragraph. And it can be closed in the middle of a paragraph. So it becomes inline without any problem. You are not required to use the whole paragraph for inline comment, but you are required to use it from the beginning of the paragraph if you want to have an inline content.

wpDiscuz Inline Comment text 1
wpDiscuz Inline Comment text

This is all we can suggest you.

Topic starter
(@arjan)

Hi @Tom,

Thank you so much for getting back to me and clearing things up. I really appreciate it.

Kind regards and all the best,

Arjan

Page 2 / 2
Share: