The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Bad update. fixed s...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Bad update. fixed shortcode issues but still unsable formatting. no CSS?

11 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@dr_innovation)

Updated and it broke everything.   Found the shortcode issue here and fixed so something shows but its like there is no CSS formatting at all and maybe missing structure from php.  (see attached). 

I deleted and try to roll back to 5.3 which was working find but it is also now not working (presume a DB change. 

I'd like to try to get this to work but cannot waste too much time on it. 

Annotation 2020 05 28 112038
10 Replies
Topic starter
(@dr_innovation)

Checking view-source there zero wpdiscuz-.. css files being loaded. Readme mentions an option do disable style for developers  but cannot find such an option setting.

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)
Honorable Member

Hi @dr_innovation,

wpDiscuz is not designed to be used through shortcode. The shortcode is a custom solution which have never supported. We recommend remove shortcodes and use it in regular way. wpDiscuz should automatically replace your default comment form under posts and pages. So my question is, why you use shortcode and don't you have an option to move to the normal way that is used by 99% of our users?

We strongly recommend delete all caches and purge CDN after the update. Even more, if deleting all kind of caches you have the same issue, we recommend temporarily deactivate  the cache and optimizer plugins. Because, sometimes cache delete function delays and people don't see any changes.

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @dr_innovation

Readme mentions an option do disable style for developers  but cannot find such an option setting.

This is not a correct solution. The correct solution is find ways to 100% reset/delete your website cache as I explained above. If your cache is a hosting server cache you should contact them too.

Topic starter
(@dr_innovation)

No caching  being used right now. 

I was using shortcode because I wanted it placed in a different location my custom page type.    Pages using default comment also have no formatting.   

There is no wpdiscz css of any type being loaded on any page (verified by page source)   It was loading them 5.3.5 before. 

FYI I tried with all plugins disabled so its not a conflict issue (though plugin could have messed with DB).

I also tried making copies of the files for customization under my theme.. no joy there either. 

Topic starter
(@dr_innovation)

Some progress.   I deleted everything.  reinstalled again.. my custom forms were still in the system  (so DB still old).   Considered agressive DB edits but tried something else first. 

Deleted my custom forms, forced pages to use default.  Worked on standard pages but not custom page types.  And interface only sees 1 of my two custom page types.   Used disable comments to disable comments and then re-eneable comments the  short code works on normal page and custom type that shows up, but not the type that does not show up. 

I guess they are not sending CSS unless need (which is a good feature) just missing when it may be needed.  Any  added "code" one could add to the shortcode  code to force css loading when the shortcode is used?  (I don't use the short code just call it in Php in my custom pages).  

Can probably live with it but odd it does not see all custom types. 

Topic starter
(@dr_innovation)

Interestingly, when I visit the custom page types management page, there is a message that there is no comment form type assigned with a button to create it. So I click, create a new one but cannot assign to that type because its not listed. At one level it knows its there but at another it does not. 

Page 1 / 2
Share: