The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Random string for i...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Random string for inline comment ID

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@touchi)

I am interested in using inline commenting with dynamically generated posts, e.g., posts obtained through RSS feeds. If I stick the inline commenting shortcode in a template to generate these, can I use a randomly generated string for the ID in the shortcode? Is that ID registered somewhere in the WPDiscuz system, or is it just used to keep multiple inline comments separate from one another on the page? Please enlighten me on this.... My thanks in advance --

3 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@touchi,

You can use each ID you want for the shortcode. 

[wpdiscuz-feedback id="idNCXs" question="here is my question" opened="0"]What do you think of this?[/wpdiscuz-feedback]

Just make sure the red marked "idNCXs" ID is unique for each shortcode.

Topic starter
(@touchi)

Thank you, that answers my question. I now have two more:

1): If we require users to be logged in to comment, what happens with the inline form if they aren't? Is there a "You must login" message in the popup, or does the inline comment icon not show up at all, or something else?

2): Are there any characters that can't be used in the ID string?

Thanks again, everyone --

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@touchi,

1): If we require users to be logged in to comment, what happens with the inline form if they aren't? Is there a "You must login" message in the popup, or does the inline comment icon not show up at all, or something else?

The inline commenting form shows even if the comment is disabled. You can use the solution provided here: https://wpdiscuz.com/community/postid/2743/

2): Are there any characters that can't be used in the ID string?

You can use Latine letters and numbers as well. 

Share: