The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
wpDiscuz User feedb...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Suggestion [Solved] wpDiscuz User feedbacks (comment box, comment sorting, new comment)

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@dsaada)
Eminent Member

Hi,

I'm the admin of a WP based sport blog site. As such, many of our posts (mainly the ones that cover live events) are "fast paced" in terms of comments, meaning that they usually have hundreds of comments per sport event. We have recently moved to wpDiscuz after using the native WP comments. We're really happy with this change and we generally get very positive feedback from our users about it. However, there are few things that bother them, which we would love it if you could you review:

- By default, comments are ordered as oldest first, which is also the way the native WP comment system works. Now, many of our users prefer the newest first method, but not everyone, so we can't really set a default that fits all. Problem is that selecting the preferred method by the user only holds on until the page gets refreshed and then it returns to default. It would be best if the system could remember the last user choice and stick with it until they change it.

- The comment box only appears on top. This creates a bit of a hectic user experience especially in the oldest first method: the user needs to scroll down to the bottom to see the latest comments, then back to top to comment, then back to the bottom again to see the latest comments. Pressing the floating comment button on the bottom left only helps so much for that. The best thing to do here IMO is to duplicate the comment box to both top and bottom. This may be the thing that bothers our users the most.

- When commenting, the new comment is placed on top, but then on page refresh it gets moved to the bottom (again on oldest first method). Not sure whether this is intentional or not, but anyway it also generates a bit of a hectic user experience.

Thanks and keep on with the great job nevertheless.

Topic Tags
6 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Please read this FAQ: https://wpdiscuz.com/community/f-a-q/how-to-change-the-comment-ordering/

5 Replies
(@dsaada)

Eminent Member

@asti Thanks for the response. I'm aware of the fact that admins can set the order of comments by newest or oldest as default, as the FAQ explains. However, this was not my intention: What I actually meant was that when users set this option for themselves, then it would persist on a per user level (say using a cookie) and not return to the default set by the admins. And that anyway just covers the first point I raised.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@dsaada,

You can customize it yourself by using the wpdiscuz_comments_args hook. 

(@dsaada)

Eminent Member

@asti Thanks I will check it.

Is there any way to move the comment form to the bottom of the comments rather than the top?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@dsaada,

I'm really sorry, but there is no way to do this. The wpDiscuz comment form location cannot be changed, even with custom coding.

(@dsaada)

Eminent Member

@asti OK thanks.

Share: