The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Question [Solved] Rating & CPT

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@kareem)

Hi,
I would like to know the following:
– How I can assign the rating “Stand-alone Post Rating/Aggregate Rating” only for a specific custom post type, and not to posts as well?

– How I can pull this on each article/post:
— Rating average.
— Votes count.
Is there a shortcode or any way to do it?
e.g. “Rating average 4.5 from 60 Votes/Reviews”

Screenshot 2023 08 01 at 01 39 44

– Schema,
If I have CPT called Books, the Schema should be assigned and match the CPT slug?
Or doesn’t matter, It should match the article type.
e.g. CPT Books, Schema: $my_rating_schema = ‘Book’; ..the rest of the of the code.

– Field icon/Font-awesome icon library. Forms Feild:
Can I replace this with SVG instead of F-A Icons?

– If I have a schema plugin like “Slim SEO Schema”, I can ignore assigning the “Post Rating – Using Aggregate Rating Schema” from wpdiscuz?

Regards
P.S. I opened this thread in WP as well.

3 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi Kareem,

Please find the answers below: 

– How I can assign the rating “Stand-alone Post Rating/Aggregate Rating” only for a specific custom post type, and not to posts as well?

You can have two separate comment forms and Enable "Post Rating" option only for certain post types.

Let's say you create a separate comment form called "With Post Rating". In this form, you should configure the following options: 

— Rating average.
— Votes count.

You can use the "Display Ratings" option more info here: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/plugin-settings/article-and-comment-rating/#display-ratings

– Schema,
If I have CPT called Books, the Schema should be assigned and match the CPT slug?
Or doesn’t matter, It should match the article type.

Please check out this FAQ: https://wpdiscuz.com/community/f-a-q/post-rating-using-aggregate-rating-schema/

– Field icon/Font-awesome icon library. Forms Feild:
Can I replace this with SVG instead of F-A Icons?

I'm sorry, but wpDiscuz doesn't have an option for changing the icons in the case of the Stand-alone Post Rating. 

– If I have a schema plugin like “Slim SEO Schema”, I can ignore assigning the “Post Rating – Using Aggregate Rating Schema” from wpdiscuz?

Please find the info in this doc: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/plugin-settings/article-and-comment-rating/#enable-aggregate-rating-schema

Topic starter
(@kareem)

Posted by: @kareem

— Rating average.
— Votes count.
e.g. “Rating average 4.5 from 60 Votes/Reviews”

Screenshot 2023 08 01 at 01 39 44

You didn't answer this, the link doesn't answer the question, Please re-check
I want to have a code/shortcode to customize this as in the screenshot.

--
Enable Aggregate Rating Schema, If enabled with any of these options:

Screenshot 2023 08 01 at 17 39 42 » Settings ‹ Recipe — WordPress

It does work whether I disabled or enabled "Enable Post Rating" from the form tools.
since it's enabled in "Display Ratings"

--
Display comment form for post types,
If I didn't enable this, The original WP take over, My question is about the "Post Rating/Aggregate Rating"
When I enable it and check one of the "Display Ratings" it appears on the entire posts with comments.
I want this to appear only in CPT comments.
For other regular posts with comments, I want wpdiscuz to keep working there but without Ratings.
Without "Aggregate Rating"

Screenshot 2023 08 01 at 17 48 06 Lorem Ipsum Recipe
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi,

You didn't answer this, the link doesn't answer the question, Please re-check
I want to have a code/shortcode to customize this as in the screenshot.

We're really sorry, but wpDiscuz doesn't have such a feature. 

Enable Aggregate Rating Schema, If enabled with any of these options:

It does work whether I disabled or enabled "Enable Post Rating" from the form tools.
since it's enabled in "Display Ratings"

You may have a caching system, so you see the issue. We've checked and don't see such an issue. 

Display comment form for post types,
If I didn't enable this, The original WP take over, My question is about the "Post Rating/Aggregate Rating"
When I enable it and check one of the "Display Ratings" it appears on the entire posts with comments.
I want this to appear only in CPT comments.
For other regular posts with comments, I want wpdiscuz to keep working there but without Ratings.
Without "Aggregate Rating"

Screenshot 2023 08 01 at 17 48 06 Lorem Ipsum Recipe

This is the reason I've asked to create two separate comment forms. Please read attentivly my answer here: 

You can have two separate comment forms and Enable "Post Rating" option only for certain post types.

Let's say you create a separate comment form called "With Post Rating". In this form, you should configure the following options: 

Share: