Clear all

Different names for rating

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@arscrigicioniec)
Eminent Member

I wrote about it here https://wpdiscuz.com/community/general-forum/please-add-a-possibility-to-different-names-for-rating

Thanks for the awesome update with the requested possibility. But I want to say, that for Russian there are actually 3 phrases should be available to edit:

1. Total Raing displaying in post (is available to edit now)

2. Call for rating in a comment form (is available to edit now)

3. Phrase before rating displaying in a comment after the user rated it (is unavailable to edit now)

For example, it would be:

1. Общая оценка (total rating)

2. Оценить (call for rating)

3. Оценка (rating displaying in a comment)

It's not essential for English but is essential for languages with conjugations of verbs. In the time being, the phase 3 = phrase 2, it's not so convenient for languages like Russian because call for rating and displayed rating we denote by various words.

So, the main sense - I think, the 3 phrase also should be available to edit and should not be copy of the 2nd phrase.

3 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @arscrigicioniec,

Currently, there is no way to add the third phrase (rating displaying in a comment). You should use the Оценка (rating displaying in a comment and call for rating) phrase in both cases.  

2 Replies
(@arscrigicioniec)

Eminent Member

@asti, yes, I understand. I just suggest a thing for future updates. I think it's not so difficult to add such new editable string, and it would be a big improvement for all languages with cases.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@arscrigicioniec,

There is a workaround. 

You can use the js code below to change the phrase in the comment list. 

jQuery('#wpdcom .wpd-top-custom-fields .wpd-custom-field.wpd-cf-rating .wpd-cf-label').replaceWith( "оценка" ); 

So change the "Name" phrase in the form settings. Then put the code above in the active theme js files. 

Share: