The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
v7 bugs with commen...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] v7 bugs with comments forms designer

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 gnv
Topic starter
(@gnv)

Hi,

I have found a one very important bug-problem which cause a really chaos-mess at comment form.

Overall very comfortable and useful Comments Forms designer have a big problems when custom fields adds without a two-columns splitting, but to a whole width.
Also New comment form and Edit comment form are too differ without any real reason which looks very messy.
Look at screenshot.

PS At your forum there are no possibility for easily attach a files and screenshots - which a big disadvantage a specially for a bug reports. Images can be attached only by ctrl-c/ctrl-v - which are not very comfortable. Recommend to add attachments possibility.

8 Replies
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @gnv
Overall very comfortable and useful Comments Forms designer have a big problems when custom fields adds without a two-columns splitting, but to a whole width.
Also New comment form and Edit comment form are too differ without any real reason which looks very messy.

Ok, thank you @gnv,

We'll check this. I think there are also theme affection, so it would be helpful to know what WordPress theme you use during this testing.

Posted by: @gnv

PS At your forum there are no possibility for easily attach a files and screenshots - which a big disadvantage a specially for a bug reports. Images can be attached only by ctrl-c/ctrl-v - which are not very comfortable.

We've enabled file attachments for new registered users so now you can see the attachment buttons.

P.S. Please don't use multiple question marks. That's not kind to whom it concerns. More info: https://dictionaryeyes.wordpress.com/2012/08/15/the-question-mark/

gnv
Topic starter
(@gnv)

The same problems at default WooC theme StoreFront and new WP 2020 theme, suppose at all themes. I just wonder why those so obvious problems-bugs does not fixed early.

1 Reply
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@gnv,

The same problems at default WooC theme StoreFront and new WP 2020 theme, suppose at all themes.

Ok, thank you.

I just wonder why those so obvious problems-bugs does not fixed early.

wpDiscuz is a tremendous plugin. It has thousands of things that should be tested with different situations, which make those another thousands of times more. So, please never say this. There is nothing to wonder here. Each of those thousands of things could be obvious to you. We work hard to go through all things to make sure all are good before releasing the stable version.

BTW, the form fields will be different on the main form and on the edit form. We'll make those fields look better but not identical.

The rating fields issue on full width row will be fixed too. But the rating fields on two column view look as designed. Just insert a description to that field and you'll see the description icon so you will see why it's made with two rows. This plugin is used on thousands of different themes and it can be displayed in a very narrow box with a long label text, so having a label text, stars and description icon on one row doesn't have a good future. It'll always cause lots of problems.

2020 02 17 0055

In any case, you have an option to insert custom CSS code and design those fields with your preferred style.

gnv
Topic starter
(@gnv)

UPDATE

About MultiSelect field - exited are really out-of-date, best off all will be to make it as a:

Multi-column scroll-able field with checkboxes or highlighting-choosing, like those:

wpDiscuz custom fields multiselect better3
wpDiscuz custom fields multiselect better1
wpDiscuz custom fields multiselect better2

gnv
Topic starter
(@gnv)

Hello,

Do you see and confirm those problems?

When fix will arrive?

1 Reply
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

Hi @gnv,

I've already replied to your reports and provided information what will be changed and what will not in my last post above. I'm sorry, but we don't have an exact ETA for beta updates. But it'll not be too late.

gnv
Topic starter
(@gnv)

Still for a custom fields form to create a new comment and comment editing - are too different. I don't understand why and for what reason?!

Please, make them IDENTICAL!

1) At Editing form make multichoose list field without line breaking (make many values at one line to make it more compact vertically).

2) At Creating form rating fields make look as at Editing form - with rating name BEFORE stars and dots separating lines.

it's really easy, PLEASE!!!

1 Reply
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@gnv,

I'm sorry but they cannot be identical. The edit comment builder functions and wrappers are different.
We'll take your 1 and 2 suggestions under consideration.

Thank you for the suggestions.

The topic is closed.

Share: