The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
"Subscription fault...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] "Subscription fault"

18 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@simoncarne)

If someone tries to subscribe for notifications having previously subscribed to the same page/post, they get a pop-up message "subscription fault" with no explanation. It would be more helpful if the message said "You are already subscribed".

As the owner of the site, there seem to be settings for me to change all sorts of messages, but I can't see a way to change that message myself.

17 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @simoncarne,

Please leave some example URL to allow us to check it.Β 

Topic starter
(@simoncarne)

That's a bit of a problem at the moment, because my site is under development. I made it live for 15 mins to test out the comment functions and that's how I discovered the problem I described above. I had assumed it was general to all wpDiscusz installations.

If you think it is unique to my installation, I'm not sure how to proceed. Are you able to email me privately (at the address used to log in to this forum) so that I can give you a temporary password for access?

2 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

sure @simoncarne, please send the access to info[at]gvectors.com email address.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

Hi @simoncarne,

You've some problem with email sending functions on your website. 

Please make sure your server email sender works well. Make sure you got emails from your WordPress (on registration or on other cases...).

You can install some SMTP plugin and check what's going wrong on your website. Like this one for example:  https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-smtp/

Topic starter
(@simoncarne)

Did you visit the right site?

Someone has just been to my personal site (simoncarne.com), but that's not the site I'm having an issue with. My personal site doesn't have wpDiscusz (because it doesn't have comments). I am trying to set up wpDiscusz on a different site that I linked you to in an email I sent to the address you gave me.Β  But you can't have visited that site, yet, because it's behind an "under development" wall and I haven't created a path for you yet (I'm waiting for a response to the email I sent you in order to do that).

I'm sorry if this sounds complicated. It's not meant to be. But I don't know any other way to give you public access to a site that's under development! Please could you take another look at the email I sent you.Β 

Many thanks

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

No, @simoncarne, we've not visited your website. Simply the developers have checked the codes of the wpDiscuz plugin and the only reason for the issue is like I've described in the post above. 

Topic starter
(@simoncarne)

I'm sorry for the confusion, but I'm really not having a problem sending emails. First of all, I'm having no problem with the site sending emails to people who post comments and who subscribe to notifications. I am only having a problem with a pop-note that appears when existing subscribers mistakenly try to subscribe a second time. They still get emails: it's just the pop-up note that is a problem.

Second, I have checked the email sending function using this wordpress plug-in: https://wordpress.org/plugins/check-email/.It doesn't report any problems. (Why would it when I know subscribers are getting emails?)

I tried using the one you pointed me to, but it required me to be a paid subscriber!

Β 

3 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@simoncarne,

For further support, please open your website for a while and let us know. We'll check the issue.

(@simoncarne)

@asti I have opened the site. (Please refer to the email I sent you for the url.)

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

ok @simoncarne thank you. We're going to check it. Please wait a bit. I'll update the topic asap. 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@simoncarne,

We've checked your website. Everything is working fine. We've tried to subscribe via the info[at]gvectors.com email address and were able to subscribe successfully. However, when we try to subscribe with the same email one more time we got the error message you've mentioned. So please make sure you're not trying to subscribe multiple times with the same email address.

5 Replies
(@simoncarne)

@asti How can I prevent visitors to my site subscribing multiple times in error?

This is obviously something that your developers weren't aware of. The simplest solution would be for wpDiscuz to change the error message so that it says "You are already subscribed".

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@simoncarne

you can change the phrase from the Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Phrases > General admin page. 

(@simoncarne)

@asti Thank you. I do wish you had told me that in answer to my initial query, but at least we have finally got there.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

You're welcome @simoncarne,

I do wish you had told me that in answer to my initial query, but at least we have finally got there.

I'm sorry about this, but sometimes it’s not possible to understand what caused the problem without checking. We were not sure what's the issue is caused by. If you told us that you've already subscribed via the current email address it'd help a lot. In any case, glad to hear that the issue is solved.

(@simoncarne)

@asti But that is exactly what I told you. I said I wanted to change the message "subscription fault" but couldn't find a way to do it.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

and @simoncarne, yes we're really sorry for this confusion and apologize for the inconvenience.

Share: