2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@aerostar)
Estimable Member

Hi there,

The following cookie is being injected into all of our website pages:

wpdiscuz_hide_bubble_hint

We have dequeued all of WpDiscuz’s assets (css and js files), except on our News and Blogs pages yet the cookie still appears on all of our website pages.

Please provide a solution to this issue (i.e., block the cookie from appearing on all website pages, except those utilizing your plugin).

Thank you!

8 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@aerostar,

Please follow the solution provided in this support topic: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wpdiscuz_hide_bubble_hint-pre-consent/

Topic starter
(@aerostar)
Estimable Member

@Asti,

Thank you for the quick reply.

The solution you presented does not delete the cookie, it delays its injection and impacts our pages where we need the cookie to behave as intended.

We need a solution that will install the cookie only on pages that use your plugin (i.e., news, posts, blogs). 

Cheers!

Topic starter
(@aerostar)
Estimable Member

@Asti,

More info: https://prnt.sc/1296olz

Again, would appreciate a more robust solution.

Thank you!

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@aerostar,

It sets for all pages (no matter if the wpDiscuz is loaded or not). This allows not to show the message on all pages. I'm really sorry, but there is no other solution for this. 

Topic starter
(@aerostar)
Estimable Member

@Asti,

Respectfully, your answer is not acceptable. Until this can be solved, kindly provide a code snippet and/or method to disable the cookie from all website pages.

Please keep in mind that injecting noted cookie into websites with no control over it by website owners or visitors could be in violation of GPDR requirements.

Thank you for your understanding.

3 Replies
(@aerostar)

Estimable Member

@Asti,

Update: We tried to remove the cookie by completely disabling "Live Commenting and Notifications." The cookie is still being injected into our website.

So, it appears your plugin is in violation of GPDR requirements. 

Again, please provide a code snippet, hook, or method to remove this cookie from our website.

Thank you.

(@aerostar)

Estimable Member

@Asti,

Apologies. We cleared all cache a second time and the cookie disappeared (after disabling "Live Commenting and Notifications").

So, all we need now is a code snippet, hook, or method to omit or disable the cookie on pages that do not depend on your plugin.

I'm sure you can revise your code to make it happen.

Thank you.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@aerostar,

I'm really sorry, but there is not a solution we can provide you. 

Share: