The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
MyCred integration ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] MyCred integration does not give points to comments

9 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@autistance)

Hello, I just bought the myCred addon, but I cannot manage to obtain points when writing a comment.
I did not pay attention to the fact that the addon is only about likes and not comments, but anyway it's much more important to reward people who bother to write a comment, which is more difficult that just clickingΒ  a like / unlike.
I hope that you can help. For me it does not make sense to use wpDiscuz and myCred, and not even having points when people write comments...
Thanks.

8 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @autistance

Please navigate to Dashboard > Points > Hooks admin page and find the "Points for comments" hook and add it to the "Active Hooks" section.Β 

For further support please open new support in wpDiscuz - myCRED IntegrationΒ subforum.Β 

Please note: this forum is designed to support the free wpDiscuz plugin. All paid addons are being supported in the gVectors.com forum.Β 

Topic starter
(@autistance)

P.S. In the advertizement for the addon, I did not read further than this : "And now you can use this system with wpDiscuz comment plugin. wpDiscuz – myCRED Integration addon allows these two awesome plugins work together.Β "

For me it's so obvious that the comments (texts) should be rewarded...

Now I see this discussion also : https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-plugin-wpdiscuz-mycred-integration-2/

And I see also that in https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-plugin-wpdiscuz-mycred-integration-2/ < :

Description

This hook allows you to reward your users for posting comments on your website. You can select to reward a comment getting approved, penalize comments marked as spam etc. You can also select to reward the author of the content the comment isΒ left on.

This hook has built-in support forΒ Disqus. If enabled on your website, this hook will give out points first when you select to sync comments with Disqus. This means that unlike the built-in comment functionality which gives points instantly, it is not instant when using Disqus.

Β 

Available since versionΒ 1.0

Known Issues

This hookΒ will not work with plugins that replace the default comment mechanism in WordPress.

---

So what I understand is that the integration works correctly with Disqus but not with wpDiscuz ?? :-(((

Why ?....

So far, I thought that wpDiscuz was very good and very serious............ :-((

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@autistance,

The issue doesn't come from the wpDiscuz plugin. Even if you deactivate the wpDiscuz plugin you'll still not get the points for the comments by the hook.Β 

As it's already mentioned in the addon description comment authors get points if their comments have been liked/voted up, and they’ll lose points in cases dislikes/down votes.Β  wpDiscuz – myCRED Integration addon also displays member badges and ranks under comment author avatar and label.

The rest of the options cannot be configured by the wpDiscuz and wpDiscuz – myCRED Integration plugins' side.Β 

Topic starter
(@autistance)

Hello and thanks a lot for all your explanations.

Actually that's right, even when I deactivate wpDiscuz, anyway the new comments don't generate points...
That's very strange... myCred has this hook for comments, but it does not seem to work, and I could not find any discussion about this problem in various forums.

Thanks.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@autistance,

As far as the issue doesn't come from the wpDiscuz plugin, we cannot suggest any solution. We only may suggest you contact myCred support and ask them about the issue.Β 

Topic starter
(@autistance)

Sure. Thanks again for your help, and sorry about the pessimistic thoughts.Β 
wpDiscuz rocks πŸ™‚
And you too πŸ™‚

Topic starter
(@autistance)

Hey, yesterday I sent an email to myCred about this problem with comments not giving points, and they solved it in a few hours and they published a new plugin version and it works now πŸ™‚

Life is nice πŸ™‚

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

ok, thank you for letting us know.

Glad to hear that the issue is solved.Β 

Share: