The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Wrong translation f...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wrong translation file is selected?

12 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@the_elephant1979)
Eminent Member

Hi,

it seems that WPDiscuz selects the wrong .po translation file.

As mentioned on your website the .mo and .po should be placed in

wp-content > plugins > wpdiscuz > languages

After i finished my translation on local machine i saved it as (wpdiscuz-nl_NL.po) and it automatically generated the (wpdiscuz-nl_NL.mo).
Both files i copied to

wp-content > plugins > wpdiscuz > languages

After cleaned all caches and reloaded the page i finally figured out that wpdiscuz is still using this location:

wp-content > languages > plugins

What is going wrong:

1. your instructions are incorrect? (place them in wpdiscuz > languages)

2. i have missed something in my setup? (please help me with that because if so, i'm lost!)

3. there is a bug in the code?

I'm available to test some things around overhere. Hope to here from you soon!

Thanks, be safe!

11 Replies
Topic starter
(@the_elephant1979)
Eminent Member

and.... along with that.....

What will happen with the translation files (for both directories) when there is a translation update available and I am installing that update.

Which file (from which directory) will be overwritten?

Will it replace my manually updated file with the one which is available in the update?

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@the_elephant1979,

Everything is correct here.

If there is a translation on the language you're using and you install some plugin it downloads and adds the translations in the wp-content > languages > plugins folder and gives the priority to the translations located in that folder.

In case if in both folders there are a .po/.mo files the priority will be given to the files from the wp-content > languages > plugins folder.

The files will be overwritten after update if those are added in the wp-content > plugins > wpdiscuz > languages folder. However, you cannot be 100% sure that the files from the wp-content > languages > plugins folder will not be lost. This is handled by WordPress, not the wpDiscuz.

You can import your transaction to WordPress. In this case, it'll not be lost.

1. Just visit the following link: https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/nl/default/wp-plugins/wpdiscuz/

2. Choose Stable

2020 06 10 1214

3. Scroll down and find "Import Translations" section

2020 06 10 1216

4. Choose .po file and import your translation.

2020 06 10 1217
Topic starter
(@the_elephant1979)
Eminent Member

So, when you are happy with your translation the best (or most safe) you can do is:

1) Share it with https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/nl/default/wp-plugins/wpdiscuz/

2) Also save .po and .mo in

wp-content > languages > plugins folder

3) Also save .po and .mo in the

wp-content > plugins > wpdiscuz > languages folder

Thank you for answering and for this awesome plugin! 

By the way, everything has been translated today 🙂 

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

Thank you very much @the_elephant1979!

We really appropriate it. 

(@cizgizm)

Hi

I have a multi-lang wordpress site (TR and EN) and for the translations I have checked the "Use Plugin .PO/.MO Files" option.

At the beginning, the translations worked correctly, but now TR translation does not work. 

I have the .PO/.MO files for both languages in "wp-content > plugins > wpdiscuz > languages" folder. (maybe there is no need for the wpdiscuz-en_US but this was one of my attempts to solve the problem) 

There was no wpdiscuz .PO/.MO files in the "wp-content > languages > plugins" folder. I have copied the files here but didn't work.

Anything I can do to fix it?

(@cizgizm)

Hi

Is there anybody here to help with my translation problem? 😕 

5 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@cizgizm,

Please read this FAQ: https://wpdiscuz.com/community/f-a-q/how-to-translate-wpdiscuz/

Pay attention to point 4 in the topic. 

(@cizgizm)

@asti

Hi

As I said in my previous message, I installed it successfully and could use multi language initially. But then, I can't find why, it stoped showing TR translation

I mean, I have read this article several times in case I missed some points. I done every thing it says about multi language websites

1. Enabled "Use Plugin .PO/.MO Files" option

img 1

2. Installed the Loco Translate plugin and check the translations.

(Initially I preferred using Poedit aplication. Translated the the necessary texts and uploaded them to " plugins/wpdiscuz/languages/". But as it says LOCO, I have uploaded this plugin one hour ago. Stil doesn't work)

img 2

3. Created one comment form per language and set language code comment form's Language field.

img 3

(@cizgizm)

@asti

Here is the screen capture of the forms on my tr and en pages.

img 4

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@cizgizm,

1. I see not all phrases are translated, so I'm not sure that you have translation for those phrases.

2. You should not update the /plugins/wpdiscuz/languages/ folder. The translation files should be located in these folders:

• /wp-content/languages/plugins/
  • /wp-content/plugins/loco-translate/

(@cizgizm)

@tomson

1. Yes not all the phrases are translated but the ones I see on the page are translated.

img 5

2. I tried all three locations but didn't work.

img 6

Share: