The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Waiting for approva...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Issue Waiting for approval is shown to "wrong" user

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@sugar76)

We have been reported by users that sometimes the "Waiting for approval" message is displayed to a wrong user (i.e. a user which is not the author of the comment).

On our site creating comments is allowed for non-authenticated users. Both, the original comment creator and the "wrong" user have not been authenticated. AFAIK in wpdicuz non-authenticated users are distinguished by their IP address. In this case the IP address of the original and the "wrong" user have been different and also from a different subnet.

Is this a known issue? Is there anything we can change in the settings? Please not that allowing only authorized users is not an option as we'd like to make the process of commenting as easy as possible.

Best regards 😊 

Topic Tags
5 Replies
Support
(@jacob)
Estimable Member

Hi @sugar76,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue. it'd be nice if you could give us a bit more details, like how to reproduce the issue on our end. In any case, I sent this topic to the developers already, I'll post an update here ASAP.

2 Replies
(@sugar76)

@jacob Unfortunately I cannot provide any steps to reproduce this issue. It seems to happen quite rarely but it definitively did happen. 

Only thing I can tell you that we switched from wordpress ajax handler to wpdiscuz ajax handler which didn‘t solve the issue.

Question: Can you confirm that identification of user regarding the waiting-for-approval-message is done by user‘s IP address (for non-logged-in users)?

Support
(@jacob)

Estimable Member

@sugar76 

Identification of not logged-in users is done by the comment_author_email cookie

Topic starter
(@sugar76)

Additional info: the user to which the approval-message has been displayed (i.e. the one who wasn‘t author of the comment) had an IPv6 address.

The original comment author had in two observed cases once an IPV4 and the other time an IPv6 address.

1 Reply
Support
(@jacob)

Estimable Member

@sugar76 The issue has already been added to our to-do list and will be improved in future versions.

Share: