The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
reCaptcha - secret ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] reCaptcha - secret params invalid or malformed

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
 pawl
Topic starter
(@pawl)

Issue: Comment forms are unusable due to reCaptcha errors. Specifically "reCaptcha validation fails. The secret parameter is invalid or malformed."

Secret keys have been checked and are correct.

I do have the WPForms plugin in use, with a reCaptcha using the same keys. Submitting forms seems to be working fine.

All plugins are up to date, and I know that comments have worked previously - unfortunately I'm not sure when the errors began. I've not yet tried disabling plugin to check for incompatibility, as I'm hoping I can resolve the issue without having to temporarily break sections of a live site.

I don't suppose anybody happens to have any ideas before I start taking a hammer to things? 😅

3 Replies
 pawl
Topic starter
(@pawl)

Update: I have tried temporarily disabling the WPForms plugin and clearing site/local cache. It would appear this is not the issue, as the error is still present.

2 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@pawl,

Are you sure the version of the keys is for the reCAPTCHA v2? Please check and confirm. 

pawl
(@pawl)

@asti

It would appear that I am an idiot!

I sent to generate a new key just to be doubly certain, and in doing so noticed that the key I was using was for invisible v2 - fine for the contact form, not for the comments section!

I've simply generated a new key for the comments section and it seems to be working.

Apologies again for asking here before I had tried enough things myself, but thanks for helping me anyway! 😅

Share: