The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Old images not appe...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Old images not appearing & in-comment short codes not working.

17 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@mikequinn)
Eminent Member

Hi, when we updated, the old images do not appear that were uploaded with the old version of Media Uploader.

Also, we used short codes (EasyAzon) within the many of the comments and these are no longer working like the used to and it's going to be a giant PIA to find and change these. Can this be fixed?

Here's a URL of a post with lots of comments, some short code uses, and one that had a ton of images in the comments.

https://gardenerspath.com/plants/landscape-trees/identifying-conifers/

16 Replies
Topic starter
(@mikequinn)
Eminent Member

In comment images were previously optimized with Shortpixel (not the CDN version...just the basic one). I wonder if that's the problem? Maybe unoptimize them (which is a ton of work) and the set up the image optimizer that is built in and then choose regenerate thumbnails? I don't want to choose that regenerate thumbnail option as a trial because it will like start messing with one's that shortpixel already has compressed. Thoughts?

Topic starter
(@mikequinn)
Eminent Member

New uploads work BTW.

Topic starter
(@mikequinn)
Eminent Member

New images, when optimized with ShortPixel, also show in the comments.

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)
Honorable Member

Hi @mikequinn,

Please let me know are your all issues resolved? What images do you mean? As far as i see you don't have any image in comment section.

1 Reply
(@mikequinn)

Eminent Member

@tomson sigh....yes Tom. That is the whole point. We had images in the comments...a ton of them...PRIOR to updating. If you'd take a minute to read the comments, that would be very apparent.

Topic starter
(@mikequinn)
Eminent Member

After updating, no images other than one I added after updating to test it.

10 Replies
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@mikequinn,

How have you attached images to comments? If you've usedwpDiscuz Media Uploader addon, please follow to this instruction:

1. Please make sure you're using the latest version of wpDiscuz Media Uploader addon. Make sure the wpDiscuz media Uploader addon is active in Dashboard > Plugins admin page.
  2. Once the addon is activated go to Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Settings > Content & Media admin page and click on [Regenerate Attachments Data] button.
  3. Then login with your customer account at gVectors Store and download the new wpDiscuz Embeds addon, go to Dashboard > Plugins admin page, [Add New] and install it using the installation ZIP file.

(@mikequinn)

Eminent Member

@tomson ok...so if I do this, should I undo/restore/revert all of short pixel's optimizations first? Because if they are already compressed  once via shortpixel and then are regenerated and compressed again with the new  compression feature built into Wpdiscuz, they may look pretty bad.

Also any idea of how to fix the issue of shortcodes no longer working inside of commments? Not the Wpdiscuz short code...ones from other plugins. They  worked prior to the update.

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@mikequinn,

should I undo/restore/revert all of short pixel's optimizations first?

I don't see what do you mean. But you should only click on the [Regenerate Attachments Data] button as I explained above. This button will update the addon database table structure and make it compatible with the new version.

Also any idea of how to fix the issue of shortcodes no longer working inside of commments? Not the Wpdiscuz short code...ones from other plugins. They  worked prior to the update.

We've not disabled shortcdes from other plugins. What plugin do you mean and what shortcode have you used?

(@mikequinn)

Eminent Member

@tomson ok thanks.

On the shortcodes...like I said. Eazyazon which is just an Amazon link generator. If you look at the comments on that example url, you will see shortcodes in plain text that start something like [easyazon ....

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@mikequinn,

Ok, but how about the plugin name? What plugin do you use to handle this shortcode?

(@mikequinn)

Eminent Member

@tomson eazyazon. That's the plugin name and that's the beginning of the shortcode [easyazon followed by parameters. It used to work inside of the comment section and my editor and writers have used it a number of times.

I can probably search the comments database and find them all and change them to regular amazon affiliate links, but I'd rather not if there is an easier solution.

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@mikequinn,

What was your previous comment solution?  Are you saying that the shortcode was working fine on old wpDiscuz 5.3.5 version? Have you done any customization for that? I just checked, and wpDiscuz have never supported other plugin shortcodes.

(@mikequinn)

Eminent Member

@tomson Yes, it was working fine on wpDiscuz 5.3.5. I'm not sure if it was due to the "shortcodes anywhere" plugin or it just worked on its own.

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@mikequinn,

Ok, we found the reason. We'll add an option to enable shortcodes in the upcoming 7.0.2 version. Please wait a bit, it's coming very soon.

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@mikequinn,

The shortcode is added. Please update, then go to Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Settings > Content and Media Tab and enable "Enable WordPress Shortcodes in Comment Content" option.

Share: