The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Multiple Comments p...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Multiple Comments pages

7 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@gelly1931)

I am trying to add a second, but private comments page on my wordpress website. I can post comments, but others, in our private group can not. Is there a work around for this ? is it possible to have two pages running different comments sections ? Really need help with this one. Thanks.

6 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@gelly1931,

You can create two separate comment forms in the Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Forms admin page. 

Then you should configure the "Disable commenting for roles" option. 

The "Display comment form for post IDs" option allows you to display certain comment form under the pages/posts you like. 

Topic starter
(@gelly1931)

I'm afraid I don't follow this solution. If i do that, it affects both comments pages. What I am trying to do is create a page with comments allowed by only certain people. It is a password protected page that also has a comments section. I am trying to create a page for the general public to post and a different page that is password protected for just certain individuals. Any further help would be appreciated. Thanks

4 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@gelly1931,

Please watch this video interaction: https://www.screencast.com/t/6MWebuOW

(@gelly1931)

@asti so I watched the video and followed it and made changes, but now the comments boxes are the simple style that comes with Wordpress . How can I attain the custom look that wpDiscuz has to offer.. there is no style to it and the main comment box is at the bottom of the page and it needs to be at the top.. so basically, none of the functions offered by WpDiscuz work.. it’s just a plane, ordinary comments page..

thanks

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@gelly1931,

Could you please explain using a video. If it's possible provide the example URLs as well. 

(@gelly1931)

@asti  I went a different rout and had one page as comments for registered users and then I created a forum page with a different plugin, and everything works perfectly. Somehow, I think the two comments pages were cancelling each other out, thus, causing the issues. I'm sure there was a fix for it, but at this point, I didn't have time to further research it. This works just the same. Thanks for the input.

Share: