The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Media is not upload...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Media is not uploading

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@kimvalery)

Hello there! 

I just installed your plugin and I am really happy with it so far. 

But I have a problem with the media uploading. I can open the media tab to choose a picture. Then I choose, window is closing, then nothing happens. I don't see any progress bar... When I submit the comment, the file is not uploaded in the media panel. What I did so far:

I activated everything throughout in the "file attachement settings"-tab. Also do I have the latest version installed of the plugin, as well as wordpress. I also updated the php.ini-file to the recommended settings. I also checked, whether another plugin is blocking it. But I have no plugin installed referring to comments. I also tried to work with another plugin and check, whether this would upload files into my media panel - this worked without any problems! Then I changed back to WP Discuz and it didn't work. 

Thanks for your help!

4 Replies
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)
Honorable Member

Hi @kimvalery,

Please delete all caches, purge CDN if you have and reset minifier/optmizer plugin caches, then leave a direct URL to that page to allow us check it.

2 Replies
(@kimvalery)

@tomson thanks Tom! I hope I did it correctly: https://zheigsmr.ch/dis-zueri/

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@kimvalery,

It returns 403 Forbidden Error. It means something stops AJAX uploading of image. This could be a security plugin or server configuration issue. I recommend start disabling plugins, then check the server file system. Make sure folders in /wp-contnet/ folders have 755 permission.

Also, I'd recommend test it with other browser.

(@ashley_pearce)

Hey ladies and gents,

I'm also struggling with the media uploading functionality.

We run display ads on our website with Ezoic - They recently implemented something called "LEAP" which is a speed improvement technology... yes, speed / caching all those types of plugins come with all the clashes - however, this technology is far more sophisticated than anything that's come before it and is integrated from top to bottom to minimise clash...

But I'm having problems with WPDiscuz media uploading

I've had this response from the Ezoic team:

The plugin they use to handle uploading files is using a security thing called a nonce.
They put a random string in a variable on the page called "wmuSecurity". Then when you try to upload something, it adds that string to the request. I'm guessing if its been seen before, it will return an error code.
The problem is that since we cache the html, and that random string is in the html, it will only work for the first user.

This is a problem they would have with any cdn. Their options are to turn off caching, see if their plugin has an option to turn off using that string, or try to find a different plugin to manage uploading.

So I tried testing out WPDiscuz on a test site with caching. I might be wrong about it only working once, could be its constrained by time (so only works within x time after being created).

What I take from this is that their system is caching the URL of the page with a query string, then when someone wants to come along and upload to that page - they're unable to upload as the query string is sat there in the way (basic terms).

I'm wondering if there are any suggestions aligned or not with the suggestions from the guys and gals at Ezoic?

Thanks
Ash
Share: