The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Lock and hide comme...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Lock and hide comments section

14 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@timpim)

Hi! Is there a way to specify that in x post the discussion is close so user cant do new comments, but still shows the past comments bellow?

Thanks!

13 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @timpim,

You can use for example the "Automatically close comments on posts older than X days" option. It's located in the Dashboard > Settings > Discussion admin page. 

Another solution you can create a new separate comment form, disable the comment for the comment form, then after X days fill the post ID in the "Display comment form for post IDs" field. 

Topic starter
(@timpim)

Thank you! 🙂

Another question, its possible that WPDiscuz doesnt "delete" wordpress comments? I want WPDiscuz in a custom post type, and let the wordpress default comments in articles.

Thanks!

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@timpim,

Just uncheck the post type in the "Display comment form for post types" section. More info here: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/getting-started/manage-comment-forms/comment-form-settings/#post-types  

Topic starter
(@timpim)

Thank you so much for your help! Last question is how can i put a custom field first then the comment section second in the fielding comment form.

5 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@timpim,

Please read this support topic: https://wpdiscuz.com/community/general-forum/title-before-the-comment-part/

The same question is discussed here.  

(@timpim)

@asti Thank you! I will give a try.

I notice something too...i have media upload enable but the icon doesnt appear in the form.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@timpim

Please note the default "Attach an image" button is only available for the postpages, and attachments post types, and for default Wordpress user rolesFor custom post types and custom user roles, the button is not accessible. For more advanced features, we recommend to check out the wpDiscuz Media Uploader add-on.

(@timpim)

@asti Thanks for answer. That plugin will allow the upload in custom post type?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@timpim,

Sure it works. Just make sure the post type is enabled in the "Allow Media Uploading for Post Types" option. It's located in the Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Settings > Comment Content and Media admin page. 

Topic starter
(@timpim)

Its working now, thank you!

One thing that i know it. In iOS Safari the field comment doesnt match with the css that i created. How can i fix this?

WhatsApp Image 2021 12 12 at 19.24.54

3 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@timpim,

Please leave some example URL to allow us to check the issue.  

(@timpim)

@asti I share by mp, if u dont mind. Thank you!

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@timpim,

You've already been answered.  

Share: