The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Invisible comments

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@jimdoneit)

hi.

wpDiscuz usually works fine for me but i noticed a display bug on an article, which may happen elsewhere but i couldn't find any other example.

on this page :

https://perreault-lavallee.ca/love-stories/claire/2021/02/claire-a-berlin/

...7 comments are advertised, but none appear. i checked here :

https://perreault-lavallee.ca/love-stories/claire/2021/02/claire-a-berlin/feed/

...and the comments are there. 

any clue ?

only specifics i can think of, is that of of those includes a sound sample (it's in the comment including the word "baryton").

this is a private family site (in French), so i made those URLs accessible by exception but the rest of the site is closed to non registered users.

thanks in advance for any help.

6 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@jimdoneit,

Please navigate to Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Settings > General Settings tab, uncheck the "Enable cache" option and check again. 

If it doesn't help for further support, please let us know if you use some membership plugin or not. 

Also, navigate to Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Settings > Comment Thread Displaying admin page, try to use the other values of the "Comment List Loading Type" option. 

Topic starter
(@jimdoneit)

thanks Asti. here's my report.

the cache enabling/disabling yielded no result.

i use UltimateMember, version 2.1.16, not updated to 2.2.5 yet since they warn that there's a risk and i have little time for that.

in the "list loading type" using the "show comments" button did not make the comments appear and "load with page" triggered a strange narrow display for the article and a "critical error" message at the end.

no option of "comment pagination type" yielded other results.

but... checking "Display only parent comments and view replies ∨ button" made the top level comments appear. the only comment with replies (including the one with the audio sample) will not appear if you click on "view replies". 

i left the settings in that mode so you can verify that. it seems that the audio thing may be at stake.

cheers.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@jimdoneit,

One of the active plugins blocks the admin-ajax.php file.  

https://www.screencast.com/t/DQfhe6TU  

At first please deactivate the security plugins so you'll find a problem maker. 

This also can be done by the server-side. If none of the plugins caused the issue please contact the server support and ask them to check the access of the admin-ajax.php file.  

Topic starter
(@jimdoneit)

thanks Asti.

i deactivated ithemes security, jetpack and ultimatemember with no change.

however, i noticed that my license to "Media Uploader" has expired. could this be it ? the email i got says "You can continue to use your purchased addons for lifetime without any limitation in functions".

pictures do show, though.

cheers.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @jimdoneit

however, i noticed that my license to "Media Uploader" has expired. could this be it ? the email i got says "You can continue to use your purchased addons for lifetime without any limitation in functions".

No this cannot cause the issue. You still can use it. 

This also can be done by the server-side. If none of the plugins caused the issue please contact the server support and ask them to check the access of the admin-ajax.php file.  

Please contact your server support with this issue as it was suggested above. 

Topic starter
(@jimdoneit)

ok thanks.

i'll try to get back to you about the issue but it may take a while...

cheers

Share: