The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
How to remove WPDis...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] How to remove WPDiscuz from top admin bar when logged in?

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@supertrooper)
Trusted Member

The top admin bar is already quite overcrowded, and there is no need to access WPDiscuz settings from each post when logged in.

Therefore I would like to remove WapDiscuz from the top admin bar but cannot find this option in the settings.

Please advise.

4 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @supertrooper

Please follow the solution provided here: https://wpdiscuz.com/community/troubleshooting/remove-wpdiscuz-button-from-wp-admin-bar/#post-7875

Topic starter
(@supertrooper)
Trusted Member

After inserting the following code into the functions.php file a critical error is given:

jQuery(document).ready(function(){
jQuery('li#wp-admin-bar-wpdiscuz').remove();
});

i.e. it doesn't work.

Surely there should be an option in the settings to suppress this intrusive link in the admin bar?

Please advise a solution, which works properly.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@supertrooper

Please attentively read the post. It's a JS code. Never put the JS code in the functions.php file. Just follow the solution provided in the article: https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-easily-add-javascript-in-wordpress-pages-or-posts/

Topic starter
(@supertrooper)
Trusted Member

@asti

The code in the link had to be modified to make it work in the header (without the script tags it doesn't work).

<script>
jQuery(document).ready(function(){
jQuery('li#wp-admin-bar-wpdiscuz').remove();
});
</script>

I would recommend that you make this an option in the settings, so that persons unfamiliar with code, can easily make this change themselves without having to issue a support request.

Thanks for confirming and for the great support.

Share: