How to insert comme...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] How to insert comment section with html or shortcode (Elementor issue)

10 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@veronicagomez)

Hello, i was told that if  i have the comment section available it will turn into wpdiscuz but i use elementor full with template which automatically removes the comment section, so i want to know if teher is a way for me to insert wp comments with shortcode or html to my post.

9 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

You can use the shortcode provided here: https://wpdiscuz.com/community/postid/10652/

Topic starter
(@veronicagomez)

I did and it doesnt look as it should, it looks like this:

and I'm having a problem because some post show the comments and others don't, I made sure they have the default template, comments enabled and wpdiscuz enabled for post, pages, etc. That is why I need to shortcode.

Or is there any other solution? any suggestions for these post that don't want to show comments?

7 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@veronicagomez,

Please confirm that the following step is also done: 

Besides adding the shortcode, you'd also need to enable the comment form for the current post type

That is: the shortcode can be used if the post type supports comments.  

(@veronicagomez)

@asti I did all that and the comments are still not showing, they are appearing on some post but others simply won't show it and I checked all that on the ones having the issue.

You should make this easier for users and just make a simple shortcode for it to appear, like other plugins do.

Any other possible solutions?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@veronicagomez,

Please watch this video: https://www.screencast.com/t/4SdU3KXW1ez  

(@veronicagomez)

@asti I did it and then realized you did it on a page and i'm not doing it with a page but on a post, when i click on edit post the "screen options" don't show up.

wp

I'm very confused, this should not be happening, i checked everything

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@veronicagomez

Could you please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address? 

I'll ask the developers to check the issue for you. 

(@lily555)

@asti Hello, I have the same problem. Has there been any solution found for this issue ? the shortcode provided does not work and whenever i activate Elementor full width, the comment section disappears. It only works on Default / theme for me. Could you please help ? thank you

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@lily555,

Please don't duplicate the questions. You've already been answered. 

Share: