How do we disable A...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] How do we disable Auto-Formatting for HTML Emails?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@snaidero)

Reference: wpDiscuz » Phrases » Email

Hey guys, I'm designing my own custom HTML emails to be sent as notifications by wpDiscuz instead of the defaults, but when I copy and paste the code, upon sending those and reviewing what users get, I notice that auto-formatting will insert paragraph breaks automatically, spacing out (and ruining) my HTML email.

Usually, plugins (like Gravity Forms, etc.) will add a "Disable auto-formatting" checkbox [option] to disable such functionality if one is using HTML to create email notification content.

So what is the solution? Is there a filter you guys can provide in the meanwhile to disable this?

Thanks,

– SRS

2 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @snaidero,

We'll take this into consideration for future updates. Currently, there is no way to do it. 

1 Reply
(@snaidero)

@asti Thank you, we really hope you guys can implement it in the next release/major release, since HTML notifications are industry-standard at this point, and if your plugin can facilitate the option of a professional delivery experience by simply enabling an option to disable WordPress' auto-formatting, it'll make all the difference.

If this is not added soon enough, we'll have to reconsider using wpDiscuz as our commenting system, we think it's that important. We appreciate if it can be brought to the forefront & expedited.

Just as an example of how your comment notifications can be significantly improved just by using plain HTML for delivery, please take a look at the sample we've made to both replace an integrate a default notification:

https://www.agnesebedi.com/%E2%80%93/ea/index_notf-example.html

Hope this will lend credence to the important issue at hand.

Thanks again, we'd really like to use the plugin on future projects.

– SRS

Share: