The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Hiding labels and f...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Hiding labels and features

11 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@richardg)

Is there any way of removing any of the following:

The Author name

The Reply button

The edit wheel

10 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @richardg,

The Author name

Please read this doc: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/plugin-settings/user-labels-and-badges/

The Reply button

You should disable the "threaded (nested) comments X levels deep" option.

Comment display settings

The option is located in the Dashboard > Settings > Discussion admin page. 

The edit wheel

Please read this doc: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/plugin-settings/comment-moderation/#edit-button-%E2%80%93-allow-comment-editing-for

Topic starter
(@richardg)

Thank you for your reply.

Author: I have unticked every option in WpDiscuz > Settings > User Labels and Badges but I am still getting the name of the person logged in displayed. The word Author is not shown, but the name is. How can I hide this?

Reply: I cannot find this option Dashboard > Settings > Discussion. There is no Settings tab on the Dashboard. There is What's New and Overview and Comments Statistic. I have looked under WpDiscuz > Settings but there is no Discussion option.

Edit wheel: In WpDiscuz > Settings > Comment Moderation I have set the Edit Button - Allow comment editing for option to Do not allow and all other settings turned off on this page but the Edit wheel it is still there by the comment.

Any help with this much appreciated.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@richardg,

Author: I have unticked every option in WpDiscuz > Settings > User Labels and Badges but I am still getting the name of the person logged in displayed. The word Author is not shown, but the name is. How can I hide this?

Do you have any cache plugins installed on your website? If so, please delete all kind of caches before checking. 

Reply: I cannot find this option Dashboard > Settings > Discussion. There is no Settings tab on the Dashboard. There is What's New and Overview and Comments Statistic. I have looked under WpDiscuz > Settings but there is no Discussion option.

Please see the screenshot below: 

Enable threaded (nested) comments

Edit wheel: In WpDiscuz > Settings > Comment Moderation I have set the Edit Button - Allow comment editing for option to Do not allow and all other settings turned off on this page but the Edit wheel it is still there by the comment.

This one also should be a cache issue. 

Topic starter
(@richardg)

Thank you again. I have made some progress.

The Reply button and the Edit wheel has not gone but the I cannot get the name to disappear. I have created a Guest user to get over that however the issue now is that if multiple people log in as Guest they can see each other's comments waiting for approval.

Screenshot 2021 09 03 at 11.41.01

Can unapproved comments remain hidden until they are approved?

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@richardg,

We don't follow you well. 

Guests are not registered users, they can't be logged in.  

Topic starter
(@richardg)

I do not want the site to be public and therefore there is a log in page for the site. I do not want lots of usernames and so have one username (in this case called Guest) for multiple users to use to log in.  

But if multiple users are logged in using the Guest username they see all the comments Awaiting for approval, from the other people who have logged in using the Guest log in.

Can I hide all comments Awaiting for approval until the admin has approved them?

(By the way shouldn't that be 'Awaiting approval' or 'Waiting for approval'?)

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@richardg,

You can hide the comment author name using the CSS code below: 

.wpd-comment-author {
    display: none !important;
}

Put the code in the Top Admin Bar > Customize > Additional CSS > "Additional CSS" textarea, save it, delete all caches and check again.

Can I hide all comments Awaiting for approval until the admin has approved them?

This is designed to work exactly in that way. The unapproved comments are only visible for comment authors and high-level users (admins, mods).

(By the way shouldn't that be 'Awaiting approval' or 'Waiting for approval'?)

You can change the phrase in the Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Phrases > Notification admin page. 

Topic starter
(@richardg)

Thanks. Your CSS removed the Author name.

"This is designed to work exactly in that way. The unapproved comments are only visible for comment authors and high-level users (admins, mods)."

This is my point - can I hide from comment authors and only make visible for admin?

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@richardg,

The only way to provide the solution is if the admin bar isn't visible to the users. So if the admin bar is visible only for admins, and not visible for other users, you can use the CSS code below:

body:not(.admin-bar).wpd-comment.wpd-unapproved-comment {
     display:none !important;
}
Topic starter
(@richardg)

Most helpful. I have fixed the issues using the CSS. Many thanks

Share: