Hide comments on pa...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Hide comments on page load, display with "Show Comments" button?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@speters)

Hi,

I thought this used to be an option within WPDiscuz-- is it possible to hide a post's comments on page load, with a "Show Comments" button?  I run a news site and the comments haven't been productive to our conversations lately, so we'd like to suppress them for anyone other than interested commenters. (I mention because I'm less concerned about pageload/lazy loading, and more just visibly hiding them).  I can write some javascript but was wondering if the functionality is built in.

Thanks!

3 Replies
(@taron)
Eminent Member

Hi @speters.

Please navigate to Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Settings > Comment Thread Displaying and set "Comment List Loading Type" option value to "Display [View Comments] button".

Topic starter
(@speters)

THanks-- I have that selected but it isn't being reflected on the front end. Anything I need to do in the template?  I don't see any console errors.  Thank you!

1 Reply
(@taron)

Eminent Member

@speters

Please navigate to Dashboard > Settings > Discussion admin page and make sure that "Break comments into pages with [X] top level comments per page the [last/first] page displayed by default" option is disabled.

Share: