The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Edit button issue

14 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@sjdonovan)

@korzychxp I am not a programmer either. I have a website for teachers to write poetry each month. Last month, the edit button was visible, and the poets used it  A LOT, and with this update, there is NO edit feature. I have enabled editing on the settings, but the commenters/poets do not see the edit button next to reply and there is no drop down next to the icon on the bottom right. PLEASE help right away as this is a five-day writing challenge, and we are three days into it with lots of frustrated teachers who cannot edit. Can you help me understand why this is not showing up on my site. http://www.ethicalela.com/june-openwrite-memory-poem/

13 Replies
1 Reply
(@sjdonovan)

Also, see the quotes there -- how they are cut off. This looks terrible and was not an issue with the last version. Suggestions?

(@korzychxp)
Trusted Member

Maybe you must enable editing posts in wpdiscuz settings?

Icon is not intuitive. I agree.

1 Reply
(@sjdonovan)

@korzychxp I think I have it all enabled. 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@sjdonovan,

Β Can you help me understand why this is not showing up on my site.

We'll check and back to you asap.Β 

Also, see the quotes there -- how they are cut off. This looks terrible and was not an issue with the last version. Suggestions?

This is a small CSS issue. Please use this code:

blockquote {
padding-top: 15px;
}

The CSS code should be added in the "Custom CSS Code" textarea, that is located in the Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Settings > Styles & ColorsΒ admin page.Β 

1 Reply
(@sjdonovan)

@asti Thank you. It did work so that the quotes are not cut off, but before, there'd be just one quote. The quote per line is not needed -- just one at the beginning. Is there a way to fix that? 

Still, the edit issue is my BIG, BIG concern as people are deciding not to participate in this month's writing experience because that feature is not working.

Topic starter
(@sjdonovan)

Any update about why my followers cannot edit? I saw you tried a test, but we are finished day 3 of our 5 day writing experience, and my followers are really missing that edit feature. Help, please.

7 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@sjdonovan,

One of the active plugins replaces all font awesome icons with SVG. Thus you see such an issue. Please deactivate the plugins one by one and check after each deactivation to find a problem maker. 

(@sjdonovan)

@asti Can you give me a hint as to which plugin might be doing this? I unplugged one at a time, refreshed my site, and still, that "gear" icon was dormant -- nothing, no editing option.

What types of plugins have this SVG?

Is there a way to revert to the former version so we can have the edit feature, which does not conflict with SVG?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@sjdonovan,

Probably the active theme has some functions that replace the icons with SVG. If the previous version of the wpDiscuz plugin doesn't have such an issue you can downgrade and use that version. 

Please read this article: https://managewp.com/blog/downgrading-wordpress-plugins

(@sjdonovan)

@asti I am back a year later and having the same problem. People cannot edit their comments. You see, the only option here is to hide replies. I cannot edit my own as the admin nor can anyone edit their comments. Please help! People are trying to write a poem a day on this site, and they are getting frustrated (and I am, too). I use this comment plug in because it is supposed to allow edits. http://www.ethicalela.com/haynaku/

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@sjdonovan,

The reason is still the same, the Font awesome icon has been replaced by SVG. Have you found the plugin or theme that have made those changes?Β 

(@sjdonovan)

@asti Is there anything I can do? Last time, I downgraded the platform, but then it caused my site to crash when there were updates. Is there a way I can enable the Font awesome icon?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@sjdonovan,

Please deactivate the plugins/theme one by one and check after each deactivation to find a problem maker.

You should find the problem maker thenΒ  as it's suggested above. Once you find it contact the plugins/theme support and ask them to solve the issue.Β 

Share: