The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Commenting on sched...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Issue Commenting on scheduled posts

20 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@canewsforum)
Trusted Member

For years my site has allowed us to add comments to scheduled posts, which was really convenient. Recently this functionality has stopped working. Now when I try to post a comment on the post's preview page, I get an error message saying "Sorry, comments are not allowed for this item."

Has anybody else had this problem, and is it related to wpDiscuz or to WordPress itself?

19 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi,

To make sure, just deactivate the wpDiscuz plugin, delete all caches and check again. 

1 Reply
(@canewsforum)

Trusted Member

@asti Hi Asti, I confirm that I deactivated all other plugins, activated the default 2023 theme and cleared the cache and I still get the error when trying to add a comment on a scheduled post. When I deactivate wpDiscuz as well, I still get the error so I'm not sure if some setting got saved on our server that's now preventing what we were able to do up until very recently.

(@ask-nigeria)

Hello, I confirm that this problem has existed since your recent security update, 2 updates back. 

1 Reply
(@canewsforum)

Trusted Member

@ask-nigeria Hi A.N. thanks for your reply. So that was an update to wpDiscuz? I have it set up on two sites, one of which is at least a couple of updates behind on WordPress, but the problem is occurring on both sites and each has had the most recent wpDiscuz update.

Topic starter
(@canewsforum)
Trusted Member

Hi A.N. thanks for your reply. So that was an update to wpDiscuz? I have it set up on two sites, one of which is at least a couple of updates behind on WordPress, but the problem is occurring on both sites and each has had the most recent wpDiscuz update.

4 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@canewsforum,

Please clarify if you see teh issue when the wpDiscuz plugin is deactivated. 

(@canewsforum)

Trusted Member

@asti Yes, I confirm that the issue still happens after wpD is deactivated, but there were no WordPress updates run, only plugin updates. One day the feature worked, the next it did not.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@canewsforum,

If you see the issue without the wpDiscuz plugin, that means wpDiscuz doesn't have any relation with it.

Probably it's a cache issue. Try to deactivate the cache plugin/system and check again. 

(@canewsforum)

Trusted Member

@asti So there's no way the plugin might have changed a core setting that remains even when it's deactivated?

(@ask-nigeria)

This is 100% a wpdiscuz problem.  This began immediately after updating the plugin, after you released the security update.  We made comments immediately before and tried immediately after the update.  We have done a theme test, a plugin compatibility test and have deleted the cache 200 times since then.  There is nothing more on our end we can do, you need to fix the mistake that was made when you updated this plugin roughly two weeks ago.  It was not the last update, it was the one before then.  Please let us know when you have a solution.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@ask-nigeria,

Please let us know which version of the wpDiscuz plugin it works with. Please specify the exact version. 

(@ask-nigeria)

Hello,

This is the update that caused this issue.

COMMENTS – WPDISCUZ V7.6.11 – 19.10.2023

• Updated: Subscriptions/Follows confirmation and cancellation emails logic
  • Fixed: Comment to trashed post (Vulnerability)
  • Fixed: Issue with the Default Avatar Source option
  • Fixed: Security issue (Variables and options must be escaped when echo’d)
  • Fixed: Conflict with “Sign In with LinkedIn using OpenID Connect”
  • Fixed: Conflict with BuddyPress mentioning

The last working version of wpdiscuz is:

COMMENTS – WPDISCUZ V7.6.9/10 – 25/26.09.2023

• Added: Do not set a cookie if validation for guests is disabled
2 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@ask-nigeria,

If WordPress doesn't allow it, then wpDiscuz also won't offer such an option.

(@ask-nigeria)

@asti I'm not sure what you mean by that, it has worked for the 2 years I have been using this plugin.  Wordpress was not updated, just your plugin was.  So the change obviously did not come from wordpress.

I can suggest it was probably a security upgrade that WPdiscuz launched, most likely one of these 2 options.  When you turned off comment to trashed post, you probably included draft and pending post as well.

• Fixed: Security issue (Variables and options must be escaped when echo’d)
(@ask-nigeria)

Hello Asti, have you been able to review the update,

to see if it is the cause of the problem for posting to draft and pending posts.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

Dear @ask-nigeria,

We want to bring to your attention that wpDiscuz operates as a native comment system, utilizing all WordPress functions and features.

To verify whether this behavior is permitted by WordPress, we recommend deactivating wpDiscuz and checking again. The observed behavior will persist even without wpDiscuz, as the system cannot alter this inherent logic. Despite any instances where it may seem to work differently, we had to adhere to these guidelines.

Thank you for your understanding.

Page 1 / 2
Share: