The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

comment editing

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@jimdoneit)

hi.

i've got 2 questions :

• can the user who just posted a comment delete it within the allowed editing delay? i couldn't find a related setting, and if you delete the content itself you fall below the minimum length and the change is not saved. of course i could set that to 0 (if that does not imply unlimited length) but i would loose the ability of setting a minimum length. and it would still leave an empty comment to the name of the author, hardly an acceptable behavior.
  • if the user uploads an image (or images), can he be allowed to remove or change it in the editing mode? apparently, that is not the case by default. if the post can be deleted (see above), this issue is settled.

thanks in advance for any help.

cheers.

4 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @jimdoneit,

Posted by: @jimdoneit

can the user who just posted a comment delete it within the allowed editing delay? i couldn't find a related setting, and if you delete the content itself you fall below the minimum length and the change is not saved. of course i could set that to 0 (if that does not imply unlimited length) but i would loose the ability of setting a minimum length. and it would still leave an empty comment to the name of the author, hardly an acceptable behavior.

Please read this doc: 

https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/privacy-and-gdpr/right-to-erasure-be-forgotten/#delete

if the user uploads an image (or images), can he be allowed to remove or change it in the editing mode? apparently, that is not the case by default. if the post can be deleted (see above), this issue is settled.

The users can remove the image simply by hovering the image The bin icon will appear once they hover the image. Please watch this video: https://www.screencast.com/t/nnARGYeK9LP

Topic starter
(@jimdoneit)

thanks. i'll have to document that for my users.

just my opinion: i think deleting a recently posted comment and managing previously posted comments could be considered as different issues. i expected a "delete" item in the gear menu (where "Edit" appears). most users probably have the same expectation and won't spontaneously think of accessing their account management settings for that: if you can modify it you should be able to delete it, while still in the editing delay.

and thanks for pointing out to me the trash can under images.

cheers.

2 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@jimdoneit,

I'd suggest you check out the wpDiscuz Frontend Moderation addon:  https://gvectors.com/product/wpdiscuz-frontend-moderation/

(@jimdoneit)

@asti

thanks for the hint. 

i read: "Also this addon allows registered users to delete their comments within comment editing time-limit."

problem is i also have unregistered users who should be able to delete their comments within the "editing time-limit".

also, i understand the logic of inciting developers to buy add-ons, after all you shouldn't work for nothing. but i think this "feature" (for unregistered users as well) belongs to the core package. i have no use for front end moderation otherwise.

i'll leave it at that for now.

cheers.

Share: