The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Broken User Profile...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Broken User Profile Links

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@aaronmckeon)
Trusted Member

We've started experiencing a problem where not all user links take you to their profile.  Most links will take you to a link such as "/participant/toucan13" (where toucan13 is their username), but some links will only take you to "/participant" (no username).  When this happens, it actually takes the user to their own profile.  Can you help diagnose so I can fix?

Here are some examples of links that do not work:

Finally, I've attached a screenshot so you can see exactly which links I'm talking about

broken links

7 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi aaronmckeon,

Please note, wpDiscuz uses the native (core) WordPress functions. If there are not any profile plugins you'll be redirected to the WordPress "author" page. Probably the author doesn't have an "author" page or one of the active plugins uses the same hooks and changes the redirection.  

4 Replies
(@aaronmckeon)

Trusted Member

@asti Thanks - Can you let me know how I can check if a user has an author page?  I thought all users did by default.  We will look into any other plugins that might be causing redirections, although none immediately come to mind that would do this.  Do you know if WooCommerce would do this?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@aaronmckeon,

Please check out these articles:

Those should be helpful for you. 

(@aaronmckeon)

Trusted Member

Hi Asti.  Thanks, although I don't think it's related to author profiles.  We only have a few authors on the site and there is no consistency between user role on who has the issue and who doesn't.  Let me get with my developer and see if we can't do some more digging.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

We have not received a reply from you for over a couple of weeks, therefore we will be closing this topic. Please create a new one if you require any additional help.

Thank You!

Topic starter
(@aaronmckeon)
Trusted Member

Hi Asti and Team - This is a follow-up to the following ticket.  I received your notice the topic would be closed but I did not get in quickly enough to offer final remarks.  This may be useful information for you.

https://wpdiscuz.com/community/troubleshooting/broken-user-profile-links/

We ended up determining the issue was caused by a lack of "Display Name" value in the WordPress user's record.  Our CRM (Active Campaign) had pushed data to the site that caused this value to go blank.  When no display name was set, the links to all the user profiles in wpDiscuz comments pointed to the wrong URL.

Under normal conditions, this issue would never present itself, but I thought it would be useful for you to know nonetheless.  Thanks again.

-- Aaron

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

Thank you for sharing the information.

Share: