Clear all

Add comments to virtual pages

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@vinnan797)

Hi there,

I am using a virtual page in my wordpress website and I would like to add a comment section to it so user can comment their thoughts about the content, however I would like to only display the comments that are specific to that page. For example, if one page was about music and another was about food, when the user clicks on the page about music only the comments linked to music are displayed and vice versa. 

Is there anyway to do this? I am thinking it could work if the comment section has an id associated to it and then I can use shortcode to call them within the virtual page (I am using a virtual page as it is linked to an API which has thousands of items in it, which the user can search through using the search bar, and then once they click on the item they want they get redirected to the virtual page). Effectively, is it possible to make multiple 'sub-groups' of comment sections, which have a title, and within the group it holds all the comments that the users have said about that page. Then when the user goes to that page, the correct group is fetched and displayed to the screen? 

Hopefully that makes sense and many thanks in advance! If, however, this is not possible it would be greatly appreciated if I could be pointed in the right direction in order to do so.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@vinnan797,

We're really sorry, but there is no solution to this. 

Share: