The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Show Comments sorte...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Show Comments sorted by newest Replies

5 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
PHB1
 PHB1
Topic starter
(@phb1)

I Display Comment Sorting Options newest, oldest and most voted. I want to add some more Sorting Option - newest replies.

So that the comments with the newest replies are displayed first.

Is this possible?

4 Replies
Support
(@jacob)
Estimable Member

Hi @phb1

I'm really sorry, but wpDiscuz doesn't have such a feature. 

I'm suggesting you contact our plugin customization and custom addon development services. Contact us via sales[at]gvectors.com email address and send a list of requirements you'd like to have.

Thank you.

1 Reply
PHB1
 PHB1
(@phb1)

@jacob Thanks for the answer.

Does that really need a customization? I think it could be a feature that others are interested in as well.

It is a function that Facebook has, for example.

In principle, a reply / child comment is also a new comment. Without this function, you would not even see new answers to older "parents' comments" because they are never at the top, but always in the middle.

The replies are difficult to find when you have 200 comments on a post, for example. Because replies to older comments can also be given, but they are not at the top of the comment list because there are already many new comments (new parents comments).

Many users just want to see the latest comments AND the latest replies and don't always want to subscribe to the comments / and replies.

Support
(@jacob)
Estimable Member

@phb1

Posted by: @phb1

Does that really need a customization? I think it could be a feature that others are interested in as well.

This feature is requiring a lot of changes in the core however we have already taken this under consideration.

Thank you.

1 Reply
(@dontmakeme)

@jacob Would absolutely love if this could be done. It is the best thing about IntenseDebate and frankly the ONLY reason we still use IntenseDebate. It's fantastic because you don't have to scroll through the whole list of threads to see which have new replies. On sites with a lot of threads per post, nothing else compares.

I don't know which data fields wpdiscuz uses to directly sort threads, but if it could push the timestamp of the last child comment to a separate variable/field of the thread parent and use that to first sort the threads, it may be more straightforward to implement(??)

Share: