The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Retaining child com...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Retaining child comments after parent comment deleted

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@hibby_dibby)

Hello all,

Very often there is valuable content published by users in CHILD comments, so I'm wondering if the following feature could be considered in future updates of wpDiscuz.

Current: When a user deletes their account, I believe all their comments get deleted.

Suggestion: When a user deletes their account, the comment should remain but the username of the user should change to [deleted user]. I believe Reddit does this. This means the value of their content remains, and it also means the value of the CHILD comments remain. If the user who wrote the PARENT comments wants to delete it, they can do so manually before deleting their account. 

I believe right now when a user who wrote a PARENT comment deletes their account, the comment is also deleted. The CHILD comments are then converted into PARENT comments. This isn't ideal because the CHILD comments were written in reference to the PARENT comment, so they might not make sense now.

So I suggest a feature whereby deleted user's comments remain, but just that their username is changed to [deleted user].

Thanks for reading.

1 Reply
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @hibby_dibby

Suggestion: When a user deletes their account, the comment should remain but the username of the user should change to [deleted user].

This doesn't have any relation to wpDiscuz. This is the core WordPress function and can be affected by Profile builder plugins as well. How do your users delete their accounts? Which plugin provides such a button? You should contact that plugin developers and ask them add an account deleting modes like "Soft Delete" and "Full Delete". The soft one will keep users' data.

Share: