The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Pasting into Commen...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Pasting into Comments from Word - feature request

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
careerprocanada
Topic starter
(@careerprocanada)

We're using WP Discuz in a membership site for discussions between members. The facilitator has standard paragraphs they will post at various times collected in a Word document. When we paste from Word, bulleted lists don't stay bulleted. Instead, they appear as a faint dot and some space before the text, but the following lines aren't indented.

This is how it appears in HTML:

·    

I realize it's probably rare that people paste text from Word into comments, but it would be great if there was a "paste from Word" feature like there is in WordPress and Mailchimp.

7 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@janetbarclay,

Could you please paste the same text as the example in our demo section: https://wpdiscuz.com/demo/

careerprocanada
Topic starter
(@careerprocanada)

I don't see an example there. Please clarify.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

ah, @janetbarclay, sorry,

You'll just need to put the message (that caused the issue in the case of your website) on our demo website and let us know if you see the same issue. 

Here is our demo website: https://wpdiscuz.com/demo/

careerprocanada
Topic starter
(@careerprocanada)

Thanks for clarifying. I've pasted my comment here:

https://wpdiscuz.com/demo/#comment-1864

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@janetbarclay,

As you see on our test website, there is not such an issue. It seems you've some other plugin or active theme that caused the issue on your website. Please deactivate the plugins one by one and check after each deactivation to find a problem maker. 

careerprocanada
Topic starter
(@careerprocanada)

Please look again. The text in the comment, pasted from Word, looks like this:

·      The lines aren’t properly indented the way bulleted lists normally appear. The lines aren’t properly indented the way bulleted lists normally appear. The lines aren’t properly indented the way bulleted lists normally appear. 

We would like them to look the same way as if we'd typed the comment directly in the box:

• The lines are properly indented just like this one. The lines are properly indented just like this one. The lines are properly indented just like this one. 
1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@janetbarclay,

We're really sorry, but there is no way to do this kind of integration. The structure of the list in the case of the word document is not the same as the HTML list structure. 

The Quill editor allows the list to just save its list structure, I mean to display in the way provided below:

·      The lines aren’t properly indented the way bulleted lists normally appear. The lines aren’t properly indented the way bulleted lists normally appear. The lines aren’t properly indented the way bulleted lists normally appear. 

But it cannot change the word structure to HTML. 

Share: