The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Custom fields hide

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 gnv
Topic starter
(@gnv)

Hello,

Custom forms with many fields looks too bulky-scary for some site readers and take too much space, but some users really need those fields. How to resolve it?

PLEASE, add a simple function to hide/open all additional custom fields for form at comments Creating and Editing forms.

It must be like a button or better switcher (short/full or comment/request etc) which will give possibility to users to write or simple comment with default field, or for example support request with all additional form fields. By default at Creating form it must hide all additional fields, show only default fields, on click show all custom fields. Suppose the best way is to save this option status at commentmeta to use it on Editing form - to show the same short-or-full form when user edit his comment.

It can be done really very easy for 1hr, add it PLEASE!

5 Replies
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)
Honorable Member

@gnv,

Could you please leave some example of such big comment form. We may suggest you other solutions. How many columns you use in your comment form?

gnv
Topic starter
(@gnv)

I need to show 3 multi-chose select fields with about 30-40 values-variants at each and some ratings. What can be suggested here?! 🙂

Add this button-switcher to hide-rollup all custom fields - are really easy. Please, add it!

gnv
Topic starter
(@gnv)

Another, and better, way to make it - is to add finally possibility to set MANY comments forms to each post type and at frontend comment creating add possibility to switch forms by users. It can be forms like standard/support-request/new-suggestion/faq-update/etc. So at database each comment will have a one new meta like "form_number" to open on editing exactly form which was used on creating. Nevertheless it's very simple. But I ask about at already 3 times for an year with result so now I asking for a more simple solution.

Also will be nice to have option to hide switcher/additional fields for unregistered/nonloggedin users.

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)
Honorable Member

Hi @gnv,

I'm sorry, but we've already stopped adding new features at the moment. We've added tons of new features in wpDiscuz 7. It's time to do a very hard and very long test of each feature and try to release the stable version as soon a possible. I'm really sorry but no more "add please this", "also add please these" can be processed at this time. All your suggestions are already added in the wpDiscuz to-do list. It contains many hundreds of suggestions. There are suggestions that could be added even within 5 minutes, but our working schedule is really full. We'll continue adding new features once the stable version is released and all upcoming issues are fixed. Currently, we only do bug fixes and testing.

gnv
Topic starter
(@gnv)

My developer make this "hide custom fields button" for a 5min. (But without saving comment meta form type.) You, original developers, can't do this and other my suggestions and form custom fields forms chaos for year... o*g guys.

Share: