The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Comment author priv...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Comment author privacy. How to use first name or nickname for comment authors

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 nysc
Topic starter
(@nysc)

Hello,

On the website I am working on, we are seriously concerned about comment author privacy. We do not want anonymous comments per se. But we also do not want the full name of the author to show when they make a comment. We would much prefer only the first name of the commenter or a nickname.

Please, how do we ensure that only the first name or a nickname of the comment author shows up when they post a comment?

Thank you.

6 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi,

You should change the "Display name publicly as" option value. The following article should help you with this: https://memberfix.rocks/change-display-name-publicly-as/

nysc
Topic starter
(@nysc)

Thank you Asti for your reply.

However, from the comments on that page, it appears the plugin has many issues for example with websites timing out while names are being updated, etc.

As you can imagine, privacy is very important and can help boost traffic on one's site. Are you planning to add this feature to wpdiscuz? 

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

You can also use the wpdiscuz_comment_author hook for this customization.  

nysc
Topic starter
(@nysc)

It appears that code sets author name to a static text, in the example "Boss".

I just want the first name of the comment author to show whatever the first name they provided is.

Is this something you will provide in the future? This is very crucial. I don't want people to regret or be in trouble for something they posted on my site.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

The code is just an example. You should write your own code based on the example.

nysc
Topic starter
(@nysc)

Asti, don't know how to do that. That's why I am here to use your plugin and buy your extensions. Kindly let me know if this is a feature you will add soon?

Share: